Sunday 27 July 2014

'Christmas In July' Swap...

I'm so pleased that I've recovered enough to share my 'Christmas In July' swap joy!
Once again, it's clear that our SwapMumma has organised a super swap... thanks Cheryll x

It was so enjoyable to make gifts for Melanie at Pinnylea Creations - I hadn't sewn for Mel before, so it was fun to stalk her blog:)
For Melanie, I focused my gifts on T, A & S - Tree, Angels & Santa... A table runner made with Tree-print fabric... Christmas Angels wall hanging... A little goody bag (appropriately filled!) made with fun 70s-looking Santa fabric...

Glad you like it all, Melanie x
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*
It turns out that my CIJ Elf was my blogging & craft fair buddy Lisa who blogs at Lisa V's Lounge... & look what Lisa sent me... a curling iron!
Nah, not really... she's just clever with re-using things for post packaging!

I've had a lovely long 'thank you' chat with Lisa... my week being as it's been, I found myself quite overcome when I opened her gifts.
Holly... Stocking... Inspirational Words...
A beautifully sewn fabric basket of Holly fabric... pretty gift tag/ornie for Stocking... & a stunning cross stitched pillow of Inspirational Words...

As I said to Lisa, she has hit on some of my very favourite Christmas things... I love fresh red & white, love a Festive cross stitch, love a cute stocking...
I know the time & skill that goes into cross stitching, so this is a piece I am really going to treasure.
Big hugs to you Lisa xo

Cheryll organises this fun swap every year, so if you would like to know more about how it works, & perhaps join in next year, she has wonderful info on her blog right here... 
 *~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*
Thank you everyone for your very caring & supportive messages about my health... I've certainly had a scary few days... but am very slowly on the mend now.
Late in the evening of Friday a week ago, I was rushed to hospital with what was eventually diagnosed as an inner ear/balance problem... docs not quite certain whether it's a vertigo thing, or a similar condition called labrynthitis...
Either way, the unrelenting vomiting, light/movement/noise sensitivity, & total lack of body control due to the dizziness... it all was a very undignified... & quite frightening... I was admitted to the hospital for a few days for the worst of it to ease, & to keep me safe... I had a 'FALLS RISK' sign behind my bed!
  
Since coming home on Wed afternoon, my condition has now eased to something akin to 'soundly tipsy', which is not actually as fun as it might sound! Can't drive, sensitive to noise, banned from housework, can't stitch straight or be trusted with scissors... so what's a girl to do?... not much really, watch telly, read for a few minutes, sleep... & I might also have done some damage made some purchases at The Book Depository.
Time needs to be kind to me, so I can get back to normal; I am indeed noticing little differences each day... I'll be glad to stop knocking my shoulder on doorways!
(I'll also be glad to not take two days to write a blog post!)
♥Thanks again for all your good wishes, they really do make a difference♥

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea i love the gifts you have sent and i love the gifts you have received,it is such an awesome swap to be part off.
I am so sorry to hear that you have been unwell and i am also glad to hear that you are on the mend,my mum got this last year and wasnt very well for awhile.
Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery my friend,take care.xx

Susan said...

It's of lovely gifts Anthea. I hope the fun has helped a little with your recovery. Hope you feel better soon. X

Wendy said...

Gorgeous gifts given and received. Poor you, it sounds pretty awful! I hope you start recovering quickly. xx

Lisa V said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend Anthea.
Thank you for the lovely phone call yesterday, it was wonderful to catch up and I am super pleased that you loved the Christmas items I made for you.
Take care and hugs to you

kiwikid said...

So good to hear you are on the mend, make sure you don't rush back into doing things especially the housework!! Lol!! Your items sent and received are beautiful!!
Look after yourself!
xx

Unknown said...

Wow Anthea, sorry to hear you have been unwell. A speedy recovery to you. On the plus side, NO housework, yah! Lovely gifts. Sharyn:)

Helen said...

Lots of beautiful gifts sent and received. How awful and scary for you Anthea. I am so pleased you are slowly recovering. Plenty of rest and I hope you will bounce back to your bubbly self xx

barb's creations said...

Lovely gifts being sent and received. Glad to hear you're on the mend, just let the menfolk do all the grunt work while you crack the whip from your bed.....take care of yourself :) Barb.

Julia said...

So scary Anthea, glad your on the mend.
Be kind to yourself and take all the time you need to get well...
No housework, good time to read a little and relax...
Lovely gifts received..
Julia

Dawn said...

Glad to read you're on the mend now and all the Christmas cheer has to help a little. Such a small world that you got your friend as your CUJ elf. All of the presents look absolutely beautiful. We are all so lucky to have a great swap.

Jo said...

Hope you are well on the way to feeling better. My daughter suffers with Vertigo and it isn't a good feeling. Anyway you had all those beautiful gifts to cheer you up...

KERYN B said...

Anthea hope your health continues to improve - lovely gifts to keep you company. xx

marina said...

what gorgeous gifts sent and received!
so glad to hear that you are recovering. must have been quite a scare and sounds very uncomfortable too.
hope you continue your recovery
hugs.

Kim said...

Lovely gifts. Hope all goes well with your recovery. Sending you a big cyber hug. Kim xxx

KimM said...

Anthea - I'm so happy to hear you're on the mend - very frightening……your gifts are all so sweet.
Best wishes -
xxx

retdairyqueen said...

So pleased you are feeling a little better
Have been thinking of you
Lovely gifts sent and received Love your Christmas version of Lorraine's flowers
Hugs

sunny said...

Such lovely gifts! Big hugs and prayers for a very speedy recovery.

Maria said...

Pleased to read you are not sew wobbley anymore my friend....
Beautiful gifts both made and received.

Maria said...

Pleased to read you are not sew wobbley anymore my friend....
Beautiful gifts both made and received.

Raewyn said...

It sounds like you have had a very scary time, and do hope you continue to recover - and quickly too. How awesome that you received such lovely gifts - a real boost to the spirits! And the gifts you made and sent off are beautiful too.

Sandi said...

Lovely gifts, good to hear you are recovering even if it is very slowly....nothing wrong with a bit of retail therapy on-line when one is not well....my thoughts are with you..xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sorry to read you are not well, please take care....love all your gifts..

Fiona said...

Glad you are on the mend... it's a horrible thing to be so dizzy and out of control!!! now --- you must drink less alcoholic stuff ok????? A wonderful bunch of gifts you sent and recieved....
Hugz

Kaylee said...

That sounds terrible Anthea, glad to hear you are on the mend, do take it easy until you recover fully.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Wow, gorgeous gifts you made and recevied,love the stitchery you used and the cross stitch you received is beautiful...definitely a plus to have those lovelies to open after such a horrible experience, glad you are feeling on the mend, take it slowly... xxx

Cheryll said...

OMG...all those gorgeous gifts...wow. Christmas in July is FuN isn't it!!!
So pleased you are on the mend... keep improving everyday and get back to your old self ASAP. Hugs xox

FloS said...

Beautiful swap ! I hope you will recover totally and feel better soon !
Florence

Lin said...

Dear Anthea, So sorry to read that you have been unwell and had such an unpleasant experience. I hope that slowly, slowly means that you will soon be much better and send lots of love and best wishes.
Beautiful Christmas gifts given and received - lovely for you to have something to open when you came out of hospital. xx

Katherine said...

Beautiful gifts sent and received. I do hope that you are recovering quickly. Take it easy and enjoy the rest from the mundane.

Barb said...

What lovely swap gifts!!
Great work!!
Barb :)

Teri said...

Love all the gifts....it sounds like a very fun swap....I wish the USA was included in the swap area, but I know it is costly to mail.....I'm so sorry you have been ill.....it is no fun....take care....

Outback Craftaholic said...

Hi Anthea. Sorry to hear about your health issues. It sounds very scary and I'm glad to hear that you are recovering slowly. Your recently completed stitcheries look wonderful. Cheers, Tracy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...