Wednesday 24 September 2014

A Little More Christmas Sewing...

These ones won't be staying with me...

I bought these Christmas Calendar panels recently, hoping they would renew my lost sewing enthusiasm... gee I must have been excited because I left them in the back of the car for 2 weeks!
On the weekend, I decided I'd better at least bring them into the house & figure out how to make them up.
The red rectangles fold in such a way to create little pockets.
 
Well my friends, it seems that Miss MoJo has returned from her unauthorised Long Service Leave & I've really enjoyed making these hangings!
I'll be putting these in for selling in the little shop that is part of the premises used by my Patchwork group. While they are not to my taste in Christmas things, they have turned out to be the sewing therapy I needed! Who knows, maybe someone who visits the little shop will love one?!

After reading about poor Wendy's FNSI thread drama (& getting a good look at her vast stash!) I was inspired to get out my Tis The Season & now I've stitched my 11th design for it.
Hey Wendy guess what I bought the other day?! Yep, a few 221s!

There's still time left if anyone wishes to link up with CTTY, just pop back to this post... it's great to see so many links already!

26 comments:

Kim said...

Your advent calendar looks fantastic! I bought some fabrics for an advent calendar probably a couple of years ago and haven't gotten to it.

barb's creations said...

Love your advent calendars and I'm sure someone will want to take one home :) Barb.

Christine M said...

Glad to hear Miss MoJo is back! That is a very cute advent calendar.

Jeneta said...

I LOVE your stitchery! I recently saw the same advent calendar panels (the way the pockets fold up is so clever!), but it wasn't really to my taste either (and we already have a couple of advent calendars) so I didn't bring one home with me. Yours look fab. I'm sure they'll sell quickly. I'm glad to hear Miss MoJo is back!

Jeanette said...

Love the advent calender. Glad miss mojo is back. Hugs, xx

marina said...

well done on the advent calendars, they look very sweet!
welcome back miss mojo...great work on your stitchery..

Susan said...

Doesn't matter how or why Ms Mojo is back - just be glad she is!! Cute projects.

Helen said...

Great news ms mojo is back from holidays, love your advent calendars .

Cheryll said...

Yes Miss MoJo never goes for long...just a small vacation now & then...lol

Lisa V said...

Oooo I love them, you did a fab job. I'm pleased your mojo is back to.
Hugs

kiwikid said...

Your advent calenders are lovely...so good to hear your stitching mojo has returned from holiday!! Lol!! Stitchery is lovely!

debbie said...

That is a cute project. They probably won't last long in the little shop. xx debbie

Kim said...

Glad you have your sewing mojo back. The advent calendars look great as does your stitchery.

Pinnylea Creations said...

Great to see your enthusiasm is returning. Someone will certainly snap them up xx

gracie said...

Those advent calendars will sell quickly....love the embroidery.

Maria said...

Love those Advent Calendars, Anthea...glad they did the trick of getting back your sewing mojo :-)

Maria said...

Pleased to see your Mojo has come off long service leave..
The Advent panels look fabulous and I am sure someone will love them.

Kate said...

Your Advent calendars will be a big hit. Love your stitchery.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea you have done such beautiful work,xmas will be here before we know it.xx

Narelle said...

Looking cute and cleverly sewn together :)

Barb said...

Fantastic work Anthea!!!
Love your red work :)

Katherine said...

Love those calendars! Glad that your mojo has returned. Love the stitching

Jindi's Cottage said...

Glad your mojo has made it home again...these mojo's so slack not putting in leave requests before they take off!!! I'm sure your little hangings will be snapped up in the little shop...

Wendy said...

Well done with the advent calendars, they do look lovely. Lovely stitchery too.

KimM said...

Love the Advent calendars - your stitching is beautiful, as always.
xxx

Sisbabestitches said...

A wonderful way to get back your enthusiasm, and surely there will be people who will love one already made for them :) Your 11th stitchery looks great :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...