Wednesday 28 January 2015

2015 Australia Day Swap

It was fun to play (for my first time) in the annual Australia Day Swap run by Jewells...
my parcels both received & sent were new-to-me blogs... gotta love that!

My parcel of goodies went to Sharmayne, who blogs at Country Fragrance... I sent her:
A - aqua fabric... U - utensil, an ice cream scoop... S - stamps print fabric... T - tea light candles
R - red spotty tea towel... A - Aussie Flag bunting... L - Lollies... I - ice cube trays
A - Australian Afternoon Tea
 Kerrie at Channelbank Creations sent me a fab parcel of goodness...
A - Australian Tea... U - Useless china eggs... S - Australian flag serviettes...
T - Aussie Day toothpicks... R - Rubber bands... A - Australia Flag keyring... L - Lemon Myrtle Soap
I - Inch ruler... A - angel
Kerrie also put in a 'Green & Gold' extras bundle of some happy green fabric & eucalyptus lollies.
Thanks again Kerrie - I love it all! And thanks Jewells for the Aussie Day fun!!

The Site Manager went for a day at the Tooth Fairy yesterday (Tues)... came home with two less teeth... he's recovering well... he's very quiet & of course he's not too keen on taking his antibiotics tablets... but, done the Mumma Hibiscus way, it's down the hatch before he realises. It's strange that he's so completely silent... but his happy little sounds will be back soon!

Some of my recently cut fabrics are now basted hexagons... they're so easy to do while watching the telly... but as I use the old-fashioned thread-baste method, sometimes the needle bites me when I get distracted with excitement... ouch!

It's been too hot to do much else in the last few days - but basting about 75-odd hexy's is a pretty good effort, methinks! Add that to the 600-or-so already in the bag, & it's coming along nicely!
(Update: those 600-ish hexy's are what I've accumulated over the last 2½ years or so)

I welcome my recent new Followers, & look forward to hearing from you!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea what lovely swap parcels both sent and received,wow that's a lot of hexies xx

KimM said...

What a great swap! Lovely gifts!!
Cheers
xxx

Jeneta said...

You've already done 600 hexies? That is coming along very nicely! I have had enough of this really hot weather - I hope you're not regretting giving away the ice cube tray!!

Jewells said...

Happy to see your parcel arrived safely full of lovely goodies. Thank you for joining my swap.

sunny said...

What a great swap - coming and going!

Christine M said...

Lots of fun swap gifts you sent and received, Anthea.

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a fun swap! I do my hexies the old fashioned way too! Nice little bundle you have growing there.

Anita said...

One cool swap there, looks like fun. Have a great time with those hexies, cute colours.
Cheers, Anita.

Bev C said...

Hello Anthea,

Love the Aussie swap gifts, very Summery too.
Good luck with your hexie sewing, I do it that way as well, so relaxing.

Happy days.
Bev.

Sisbabestitches said...

Very fun looking swap! Love the "useless eggs" ;) Gosh you are climbing that mountain of hexies beautifully!

Dawn said...

What a lovely swap, you certainly got a lot of great gifts even the useless egg! I see you have contracted the hexie bug that is going around and it seems you have a bad dose :)

Ondrea said...

Fun parcels. I also baste with thread as I get in a mess with the glue and I find it just as quick. I use really cheap thread for basting and use good thread for the whipstitching in similar colour to the fabric. Have fun.

Dasha said...

What a cute idea. I missed this when it all happened. Must have been fun finding things beginning with the right letter of the alphabet.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

That sounds like a great swap, some very clever ideas there.

Katherine said...

Fantastic swap and I love the hexies. You did well basting that many. Sorry to hear about the site manager. My girly has been to the vets twice in the last week with another visit on Wednesday for her allergies. Becoming a little high maintenance at the moment.

Wendy said...

Lovely swap and your hexies are looking pretty! That's a lot of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...