Monday 30 November 2015

Bits & Pieces To Share

Firstly, CTTY... lovely to have some ladies join me & share their fab Christmas makes!
 NARELLE you're the Winner of a small prize, to say Thanks for participating - please email me your postal details & I'll send my postie to your place.

For My CTTY, I managed to finish all 6 of the zipper pouches that I'd made a start on some weeks ago... two of them are now in the CTTY giftie box, others are in a 'general gifts box' & 1 is for me!
The little Halloween cross stitch is finished...
She's a Joan Elliott design, published in Cross Stitch Crazy magazine #181.
Stitched on 14count Aida & measures 9cm square.


The Great Backyard Project is coming along well... The new limestone wall was finished just over a week ago & has been let to fully harden before the soil is put back behind it early next week.
I'm not a gardener, but right now I'm thinking more about the garden than my new sewing space... naturally there will be a hibiscus or two... gotta think of the view from my new hangout!
I believe a HIBISCUS would look pretty good in that short square planter, don't you?!

After my big ole dirt pile has gone back behind the wall where it belongs, the temporary fencing can be taken away & the new boundary fence erected. Unfortunately we've had some troubles with the neighbour, so permanent fencing can't happen soon enough.

I want to share some amazing work being done by two lovely ladies who are regulars with 'Piece Yourself Together'... Please go see the stunning work of Pamela, who has just finished her quilt... And Sue is making wonderful progress on her very striking quilt top.
Ladies you inspire me!

My SSCS parcel safely in the post, I've returned to working on the red Santa cross stitch & he's coming along splendidly...
I tell you what, there is a genuine enjoyment & peace to be found in only having access to a small number of projects at the moment. There is no visual & mental stress of 'piles of stuff', & I've realised I haven't loved my hand stitching to this degree for a very long time.

13 comments:

Lisa V said...

Oh dear Anthea, I get the twitches just looking at those work photos of the yard. Love your colourful cross stitch and the pouches look amazing.

KERYN B said...

How exciting...absolutely a Hibiscus maybe two. That's why they say good fences make good neighbours...just keep thinking about the end plan xx

Susan said...

Your backyard project is really coming along, love how you've incorporated the planter. The pineapple fabric on your pouches is so cute. Enjoy your hand stitching

Bev C said...

Hello Anthea,

Congratulations Narelle. The backyard makeover is certainly moving fast, hope you get some lovely soil to fill it up and plant some really tall Hibiscus. Have fun with your projects.

Happy days.
Bev.

Kate said...

You're just a whiz at those zippered pouches, Anthea! Your witch is delightful!!

Justine said...

I love your zippered pouches, they look so neat! Your little witch is cute. It's interesting what you say about enjoying stitching when there is less choice. That's working for me too.

kiwikid said...

Your zippered pouches are amazing.....love the witch, she is a friendly one!! Great progress in the back yard, shame about the neighbours, hope they settle once the fence is back in place. A hibiscus would look womderful in that planter...maybe a red one?

sunny said...

Yes, a hibiscus is very important!! Can't wait to see pictures of the sewing room . . .

Chookyblue...... said...

the garden plans look great so far........glad your sscs is on the sleigh..........

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sweet little purses and cute witch. The reno is fantastic xx

Lin said...

Lots of lovlies to comment on but first congratulations to Narelle on her CTTY win. I have big plans to join in every month next year - well, we will see! The pouches are great and I love your Halloween witch - she is such fun. Shame about the neighbours - unfortunately these things do happen. But the walls are looking good and I am excited to see the next stage. Have a great week Anthea. xx

Renee said...

Your zipper pouches are darling. And, I love your Halloween cross-stitch. Seeing the transformation in your backyard is giving me ideas for ours. :) I'm so sorry you've had issues with the neighbors. That is always frustrating. (Oh! It reminds me of an incident in our first home. We were watching a movie and had a couple show up at our home with a police officer, looking for their son. He could not have been more than 3. We recognized the couple right away. They lived behind us and there was a small section of our fence that could open to their backyard, but we never used it. Well, somehow, their little guy figured out how to get through. I found him happily playing on our back deck just outside our back door and walked him through the house to his mom and dad. He was all grins, oblivious to the stress his parents had just gone through. We found a lock for that gate after that...)

Cheryll said...

Your yard will be wonderful Anthea... as it's looks great so far.
Merry Christmas xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...