Wednesday 20 July 2016

CTTY for July & A Literary Dilemma

Yes, it's back for July!

I have at least made a start on an item, but it's not finished... story of my life lately, it seems!... but started is better than not, is what I tell myself!

For some reason, I can't position the linky here, so please scroll down to the bottom to link up... Thanks for joining in!
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

Thank you friends far & wide for your Get Well wishes last week... it really has been a horrible time but I'm finished my antibiotics now & can't wait for that metallic-salty taste in my mouth to go away!

I've been just pottering along basting a good number of the cut hexy's I showed off last week, it's about all I've had the energy for.
There has also been sneaky-stolen downtime... so lovely to sit in the morning sunshine & read my book for a little while (not that I was overly impressed with it)... drink a cuppa & watch the Site Manager wander around his gardens. I feel I'm finally getting some energy back.

Speaking of books... the book I read was not very satisfying in the end... And now I face a situation... Do I read the remaining two in the series, just in case they're more enjoyable than the first one, or just move on to something else?
If I don't read the other books, I'll never know if Edward manages to hold on to the business empire he's built & prevent his brothers from ousting him... I'll never know if his wife Elizabeth dies in childbirth, or whether his mistress Jane continues to tolerate their arrangement... And what will become of the illegitimate daughter he fathered so young; she knows Edward is her birth father, but will Grace Rose continue to be loyal to him while her half-siblings appear to be getting preferential treatment?
Yes I will be frowned upon for reading such silly stuff, but I don't care... I call her work 'soapie in  a book'... something to enjoy without getting too involved. Maybe I AM involved?!
 Oh the dilemma!! What would you do?
 

14 comments:

sunny said...

So glad to hear you're finally feeling better! Get some more rest - don't try to overdo it until you're 100% recovered. And what the heck - finish the other books. You know you want to!

Kim said...

Glad you're feeling better. I don't think the linky tool allows us to position it wherever we want. It would be too easy to make it convenient for us ;D

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea great to hear that you are feeling better ,it sure has knocked you around,your new book sounds interesting ,enjoy your evening my friend xx

Anonymous said...

Me again I am trying to work out why I am coming up as Unknown,lol,Shez xx

Anonymous said...

back again hopefully third time lucky,lol xx

Renee said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! As for the book dilemma, if I already had the next book, I would probably start it and see how it goes. If I was still not impressed, I'd stop and move onto something else. Good luck!

Fiona said...

read the book - it's okay to have silly light reading .... then you can tell us what happened! haha
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Good to hear you are feeling better...read what you enjoy I reckon, light heavy what ever takes your fancy at the time...sound like you need to read on, too many unanswered questions!!! 😀

Leanne said...

Glad you are feeling better Anthea, reading is a great way to get some rest. xxx

Narelle said...

When I read your post I was in the same boat ... an almost finished gift ... so I got down to it and finished it off! Thanks for the boost along.

I think you're too far involved now not to find out all the who's, what's and if's ... enjoy :)

Helen said...

Sorry behind on my reading...sorry to hear you were so unwell but very pleased to hear you are finally getting better. Any book is good reading if you enjoy it , sometimes the second and third are much better. Happy reading :)

Jo said...

Of course you have to keep reading. You are so Ito it. Look at the list of questions you want answered...

Susan said...

I think you need to read the rest - in fact I think I need to read them too - I am totally intrigued now. I mostly only read the silly light stuff..its only for night times before I go to sleep so it cant be anything too serious.

Good to hear you are on the mend...

Lin said...

I should read them and enjoy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...