Friday 2 December 2016

Weekend Retreat... Wonderful As Always!

Finally got time to post about my Retreat... what a wonderful weekend it was!

Kicking it off on Friday was Christmas lunch... at a beautiful historic pub, about 15 minutes east of town... gorgeous riverside location & lots of original features.

After lunch & desserts, those of us who were going to Retreat, simply jumped in our cars & drove on to Dwellingup... up hill, down dale... bendy & windy roads... distracting views & bushland thriving in the Spring weather.
Not far from my destination, I realised I had a stowaway... Oh, what on earth is Aunt Violet up to?!
I was a lady on a mission this Retreat... I'm grateful to my bloggy friends for their concern that I'd not packed enough to keep me occupied... never you fear, I was fine...my basket held three projects & one even remained untouched!

My main aim for the weekend was to piece together my blacks & whites quilt top, which was a happy Ta-Da on Saturday afternoon... being that I seem to name pretty much everything, this one is now 'Pops Of Pink', for reasons apparent.


I had time later on Saturday to play around with some pink fabrics & grey strips... even used blue pins to assist me... the blocks are from Kim Brackett's book 'Scrap Basket Beauties'... they'll be fun to accumulate when I feel like it.


The weather was hot, but really only for a few hours in the middle of the day... an aircon took care of that... & the nights were just so lovely for sleeping... I had a room on my own, even with its own bathroom! It's not 5-star, but it has plenty of character & we're so lucky to have such a wonderful place less than an hour from home.
View from my room... not bad, hey?!
 Aunt Violet certainly got around... supervising the sewing... taking in the view... hanging out in some interesting spots... she might be Violet, but there's nothing 'shrinking' about her!
Yeah... um... probably not the best place to get comfortable!
 The grounds were gorgeous as always... & being an early riser, it was so lovely to make a cuppa & sit outside in the morning quiet, just listening to the birds, sheep & rustling leaves.

Far too soon, it was time to pack up & head back down the hill... with my co-driver...

I always reflect that Retreats are not just good for the sewing, but good for the soul; this time was no different.

11 comments:

sunny said...

Ahhh yes..... a rested and rejuvenated soul! Looks like a wonderful location for a retreat. I'm glad you had plenty of projects to work on, and that you were so successful! How sweet of Violet to accompany you. My chook is made of bee fabric, and her name is Little Bee Peep. She goes to retreat with me, as well!!

Susan said...

You are so, right, retreats are definitely good for us on so many levels. Bonus that it wasn't too far from home. It's good to know that it exists not too far from our everyday lives. Love Pops of Pink, very modern.

Jo said...

Love reading about aunt violets adventures. Lucky she didn't get cooked.. good projects too

Fiona said...

what a lovely time... Aunt Violet seemed to enjoy it too though she almost became cooked chook there! I love love love your quilt... wonderful
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Retreats are the best glad you had a ball 💖💖

Chookyblue...... said...

Aunt Violet sure does look like she had a wonderful time at retreat.......glad she was able to stow away in your luggage........

Kaylee said...

Love your "Pops of Pink" quilt top...

Justine said...

Good for the soul indeed! Looks like a beautiful place and you were productive too - win win.

Raewyn said...

Wonderful Anthea - your retreat sounds just perect - and well done on the gorgeous ta-da moment/quilt!

Lin said...

Sounds blissful to me! and you got a lot done. Aunt Violet had a great time too! xx

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilt top you have put together! Good to hear Aunt Violet had a great time too, lovely looking venue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...