Tuesday 24 January 2017

Getting Back Into It... Or Trying To, Anyway!

What a struggle it's been to get back into some kind of 'normal' after the Christmas & New Year period... for heavens sake, it's been nearly a month & I still can't get my act together!

There's been bad & good during my non-posting absence... a personal situation that's been a 'thing' to deal with... organising mr16 for his Yr12 Ball in a couple of weeks (exciting!) & taking up my position in the passenger seat while teaching him to drive... On the good side, my DDC has returned from her Europe holiday a little tired, but having had a wonderful time. So pleased to have her back!

I'm ready to post off my 'Initial Heart Swap' goodies... so I can now get back into some of my own projects for a while, & golly I need to!

 
First up, the Super Scrappy Hexy Quilt is back on the stitching tray... I really don't want to lose my slow & steady with this one, or I fear it will never get finished.
The next block is laid out at the bottom right, near the main piece already stitched together.
(terrible pic, I apologise)
These are great for just plodding along with of an evening, in front of the tv.
If anyone else is EPP'ing, I'd love to see it... you know how it works... the linky is in my sidebar & is open until midnight Thurs, W-Aust time.

The Sow's Ear Quilt has fallen off the sewing schedule a little, but at least I have all the blocks pressed now & ready to lay out. In a previous post I stated there is 276 blocks... actually there is 280... I clearly didn't count them accurately!
 I really need to get my skates on with this one now... there's still a lot of work needed to get it to being a finished quilt before my deadline of mid-March... eeeeekkk!

I look forward to spending some evenings doing some blog-hopping... there's always so much going on in blogland!

15 comments:

Susan said...

Love the Sow's Ear Quilt - great colours a great scrap quilt - as are your hexies.

Jeanette said...

Love your hexies, they look fabulous. Sows Ear is looking good. Hugs, xx

Kaisievic said...

Fabulous hexies, yes, sometimes it is hard to get back into the groove of things, isn't it?

sunny said...

Glad to see you're getting back on track. What a gorgeous hexie quilt! I was trying to think of something to work on a few minutes ago, and I didn't even think of my GFG. Better drag it out and do some stitching.

kiwikid said...

Your hexies are coming along really well!! No hexies happening here at present. Love the colours you have used in your blocks.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your projects 💖💖💖

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your hexies...beautiful! Sows Ear looks wonderful too! Sometimes life just has to come first....xx

Ondrea said...

LOL 4 extra blocks won't make that much difference with stitching time. LOve your hexie project it is coming along beautifully. Sadly, no EPP from me this year yet.

Fiona said...

there is always so much to do at the beginnng of the year.... lovely to have DD back and all the best with driving lesssons... I remember it well!!
Hugz

Lin said...

Glad to hear that your daughter is home safe and sound. Your hexie quilt is looking great. xx

Renee said...

Both projects look fantastic. I love your hexies and adore the colors in your Sow's Ear Quilt. I am so glad to hear your daughter is home safe and enjoyed her travels. :) As for the driving, now that my son's collarbone has healed, I will be enjoying some time in the passenger's seat while he practices driving, too. I do hope he enjoys the Yr12 Ball!

Hilachas said...

You're doing good on your hexies, a bit at a time. I'm not sure I know what a sow's ear is. Well, I'll admit, I don't know what a sow's ear is at all as it refers to quilting but...

Sharm said...

Those hexie blocks are coming up quite nicely, and lovely to have you back doing the EPP again. I'm trying to factor it into my week so I can get in with time to link up ....... looking out for the next one in a fortnight?

Brigitte said...

Oh my, so great already, your super Scrappy Hexies quilt. And I'm really curious what the Sow Ear quilt will look like.

Judyk2310 said...

Is there a pattern for the Sows Ear Quilt? I love your fabrics you have for it and I have so many scraps. So glad I just found your blog!!
judyk2310@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...