Tuesday 28 March 2017

EPP Tuesday & My Fabulous Weekend

I'd better start with the EPP Tuesday... been making only sluggish progress on my scrappy quilt in recent weeks... but slow is better than not at all, I guess!
I blame the TV - too many good murder shows on lately... fictional or factual, I don't mind... I do love a good murder (or in the case of 'Murder Uncovered' on Ch7 last night, many murders)... & how handsome is Detective Murdoch, in Murdoch Mysteries?!
Oops, I digress... ANYWAY, please do link up if you're working on any EPP... big or small, it's all welcome & I love to see it.
Linky in the sidebar as usual.
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

Now to my Fabulous Weekend... yes those words do deserve capital letter intro's, given that my weekend was spent with my Patchwork gang, yes on Retreat!
Normally for Retreat, I like to start a new big project... but this time I decided to take a bunch of smaller, half-done items to finish off, or get closer to completion.
 You will see I had rather a 'zippy' time with my sewing...
 
This gorgeous pouch was just the two outer panels & gusset, not even stitched together... very pleasing progress with this one, there's only the top bind to turn over & stitch down... then it's finished! I decided to make a little needlebook & pincushion to go with it; golly they were a fiddle, but turned out so well... there's a 2nd pincushion that I'm going to give to a friend.
Some of you will recall that I made a pouch just like this for my SSCS of 2016 & I just couldn't not make one for myself... I have to share that I was quite stumped with one aspect of the zipper install on this one (I'm prone to overthinking), but figured it out eventually; strangely I didn't have that trouble with the other one I made... *I'm scratching my head* !!
 The little pincushions just need their stuffing & the needlebook needs a button, & then they're finished too.
 It's seriously the most machine-sewing work I've ever put into such a small item, but I do love it♥

I also finished two zipper pouches, for my Mum's gifty stash... I'd cut the pieces for these 2, but just not sewn them up.

A second Star Wars pencil case was also finished... such a great fun item to make!

 It's always interesting to see what the other ladies are working on... hand-stitched blocks for 'The Farmers Wife'... applique & stitchery for Bronwyn Hayes 'The Wish Quilt'... a baby quilt made with half-square triangles... a wall hanging for a grandchild... a quilt for a grandson... a softie Unicorn whose horn just wouldn't stitch properly (yes you can imagine the humour we had with that situation😉) It really was a hive of industry.... but of course there's always time for breaks, amazing meals, & endless conversations.
The bush setting is just so peaceful... birds are everywhere... the sounds of sheep & the rustling of the huge trees surrounding the property... no traffic or urban noises. Basically, ♥bliss♥.

Great Aunt Violet saw me getting things organised & packed... so she & Young Penelope tagged along for the road trip. They had a great time getting up to mischief & making new friends!

"Now then Penelope, this is the sign we're in for a great holiday!"

"I really like the finish they've done on the walls in there... re-purposed natural timbers & insulating foil are so homey... saw it in the latest issue of Architectural Chookhouse ... & that ventilation, so energy efficient. Kudos for the use of the solar panel for powering the outdoor coach lights"

"Hhmmm, the front door is a quirky design feature"

"Excuse me lady, please don't keep moving these lovely nesting spots... I just get comfy, then you take them & attack them with that machine!"

"Oh my, this drink is really good, can't beat a good G & T"
 
"God this egg-laying business is bloody painful! Now I've got to get down there & sit on it"

"Look I'm sorry fellas, I really don't know which of you is the Father, you'll just have to wait until it hatches"

"Oh look Aunt Violet, this machine is as old as you"
"Hhmmph, a woman never reveals her age, you cheeky little chicken"

"Bye for now Dwellingup, see you next time♥"

I arrived at Dwellingup early Friday afternoon, with the plan of leaving about 4pm Sunday... but I was having such a great time, I stayed an extra day & came home Monday afternoon...
doesn't The Real World always seem so noisy & busy when you've had such a lovely break from it?!

The Sow's Ear Quilt had its reveal at Retreat too... I believe the ladies were suitably impressed with how I met their Challenge... there's enough pics in this post already, so my next post will finally be the blogland Reveal of this quilt... stay tuned!

17 comments:

Ondrea said...

This post has cracked me up lol. Love your chookies. You are clever making those pouches. Good that you achieved so much on your retreat. I seldom do much at all except chat lol.

kiwikid said...

Had a good laugh at the Chookies adventures!! Loved the door in the chook house!! You achieved great results on your retreat, so good to get all those smaller unfinished things finished. The poppy fabric is beautiful! Lovely too to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

Lin said...

Sounds like a really great weekend and the chooks loved it too. Lots of great makes Anthea - I love the pouch and accessories. xx

Kate said...

It seems a good time was had by all. :)

Maria said...

Pleased you and the Chooks had a great time and you managed to get a lot of small projects done....

sunny said...

Based on all the fun, I'm guessing that the chooks weren't the only ones who got into the G&T's? My retreat was the previous weekend, but I don't think we had as much fun as you. I want that poppy pouch. Please mail it to me promptly. I'm sure you still have my address? LOL! I forgot to post about the new chook who came to live with me. Our guild has a challenge, and I'm just sure my little beauty will win. heehee.

Raewyn said...

Looks and sounds like a fun time!!! And yaay, you even got some sewing done! Your little finishes look great, and good on you for spending the extra night there!

Fiona said...

what a great weekend... and I love all those pouches ...
Hugz

Susan said...

I think Great Aunt Violet and Penelope had as much fun as you!!
Great load of work done too.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Lol! I think Great Aunt Violet and Penelope had more fun that you did! Glad you didn't leave them in that cute chook house... love the door!! I'll have to keep that in mind for my next one :) Your zippy pouches are very cute - did you use a particular pattern or tutorial? I love zippy pouches,... can never have enough! xx

Jo said...

Lots of great little projects

Michelle Ridgway said...

What fun! Love your chookies and that chooky hatch lol! Great stitching work also xx

Anonymous said...

love your new pouches Anthea and what a wonderful weekend you had.

Brigitte said...

It must have been a fun retreat for you - and the animals, lol. Great pouches that you made.

Christine said...

hahaha what fun your little cookies are!

Christine said...

Oops, same post - I LOVE your poppy bag. So totally gorgeous.

Kaylee said...

Love all of your pouches Anthea, I especially love the Poppy fabric ones...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...