Tuesday 27 June 2017

A Little More Scrappy Hexy Progress

 Despite what my blog shows, I actually have been sewing!

 Any time of year is good to sew with Christmas fabrics... secret stuff... well, secret for now...
 

I've also been sewing for school.... It's been fiddly, annoying & tedious... and thankfully, it's finally finished. Using a waterproof canvas of some sort, to make covers for various pieces of equipment for the Art Department. The equipment is housed in a semi-outdoors area, & really needs to be protected from damp air & dust... to be honest I don't even know what any of the machines do, I just made them a snug cover each! About 12 covers in all, no two the same.
Sometimes it's not a good thing when people know you sew!

So to the Scrappy Hexy Quilt progress... Another block is ready to stitch onto the main piece, & I've started stitching the next one together too... it's rather a repetitive process really, but I don't mind... it's actually a bit exciting to see the piece getting bigger now.
 With the Tour de France & Wimbledon starting soon, I'm hoping to get some good stitching done... keeping one eye on the action, & two eyes on the stitching😊

That's all for now... have a great day!

20 comments:

Deb R said...

The hexis are growing nicely!!! I always tell people IM not a sewer Im a quilt and I do not mend lol

Pamela said...

The hexie quilt is coming along nicely!

Kaylee said...

The large Hexie is coming along nicely Anthea.

Stitching Noni said...

The hexies have definitely started to multiply! Can't wait to see what you are going to do with the Christmas fabric :o)
Hugs x

kiwikid said...

The hexies are looking great, good progress. Well done on the equipment covers.

Ondrea said...

LOVING your hexies!😊 You are good making those covers.

Justine said...

Beautiful hexies, they look so striking in that pattern!

Lin said...

It's all progress Anthea. Looking good. xx

Raewyn said...

Love how your quilt is growing Anthea :-) Good on you helping the school out!

Karen's Korner said...

Interesting secret stuff happening. Your hexies are growing.

sunny said...

Your hexie project is going to be SO gorgeous! Well done, my friend.

elliek said...

Loving the hexies. Enjoy Wimbledon... lots of stitching time I assume.

Brigitte said...

Also for me it's exciting to see your hexagon project grow And that Christmas stuff looks very interesting too.

Janice said...

Wow. Your hexies are coming along nicely. The design is really coming together. You mus be pleased with your progress.

Chookyblue...... said...

your hexies sure are growing......

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I dearly love both of your Quilt WIP's....they are so very pretty...

Happy Quilting

Linda K

Sharm said...

Alway S love seeing that hexie item growing and just love the white in it! Secret sewing for Christmas - you are doing well!!!

Cheryll said...

Your hexie quilt will be stunning...xox

Anonymous said...

wow its looking fantastic Anthea xx

Wendy said...

Your hexie project is growing so wonderfully...I really need to get back to mine. I seem to have lost my mojo for sewing/quilting projects for the moment. Although I am making fabric and lace collages for an artist book I am currently making.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...