Tuesday 23 January 2018

'Piece Yourself Together'... It's a Whiteout!

With so much sport on telly at the moment, it's quite easy to spend a bit of time each night doing some hexy basting. I'd run myself completely out of white 'sashing' hexy's for my Scrappy Hexy Quilt... so I spent time tracing & cutting out a huge number of pieces... then each evening, just basting... basting... basting.
This heap should keep me happy for a while!
 

Lovely Karen (Karen's Korner) joins in sometimes for PYT... if you haven't seen her amazing quilt finish, please be sure to pop over to her blog & see her stunning hexy quilt! Like many EPP projects, it took a few years to bring to completion... but Karen has persisted & now has a truly beautiful finish to be proud of... It's featured HERE in this post. Do pop over!

16 comments:

sunny said...

Karen's quilt is gorgeous! I'm currently basting white connectors too! My GFG is nearing completion, and I have to decide how to finish it off.

Leanne said...

Its a great way to relax in the evenings Anthea. Enjoy.

kiwikid said...

Lots of hexies there! It is a relaxing way to spend evening time.

Rosie said...

Yes, I have been bitten by the hexie bug and have a few different finished flowers/shapes while I figure out what I want to do! Love that quilt from Karen.

Narelle said...

You're a basting machine ... Well done!

Lin said...

Karen's quilt is beautiful, thanks for the link. xx

marina said...

perfect project for in front of the telly!

Janice said...

Make the most of that sport time....just don't get distracted and stab yourself.

Jeanette said...

So easy to do EPP watching tv. It's perfect. Hugs,xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea great idea to make the hexies while watching TV,lol thats what i do anyway.You have pleanty to keep you going,well done xx

Fiona said...

I do like to see some good old hand basting of hexies...

Hugz

Sue's Patchwork and Quilting Blog said...

Karen’s quilt is beautiful. I sometimes sit in front of the TV and baste hexies too.

Sharm said...

Lots there to keep you going for a while! I'll pop over a bit later to look at Karen's quilt

Asta Buchanan said...

That will certainly keep you busy! I enjoy hexies too - and the aim is to one day make a hexie quilt..... maybe I should start sooner rather than later!

Maria said...

A lovely project in front of the telly..

Linda in Calif. said...

That is quite a heap. Just right for sitting in front of the TV. Have fun with them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...