After some trials & tribulations, I have finally finished making the Bella Bag from Moonshine Designs... I opted to make the larger size which is about 28cm x 36cm (11" x14"), it's plenty big enough for all the necessities.
This is the first project I've made on my Pfaff, & I sure have learned A LOT about the machine, which is as it should be after 18 years on the old machine!
Stitching the outer panels together went well, & the lining too. Then it came to making the zipper pocket... can you see my error?! (*see end of post)
It took me 2 hours off re-threading, unpicking, cursing, re-threading, re-everything-ing... then the penny dropped! BAH! Suffice to say, I nearly cried - yes really...
Having figured that out, I then proceeded to do the side seams incorrectly & ended up deciding to re-make the whole pocket with a new zipper, in about 20 minutes!
Things progressed much better after that, apart from somehow breaking or bending 3 needles.
In the end, here it is...
|I like lighter colours for lining, easier to see what's in there!|
Despite having all the problems that I had (being that they were all 'learner issues'), I would definitely make this bag again. The instructions are very good & easy to follow, despite basic illustrations. The simple but effective shapes of the pattern pieces come together to make a lovely bag, which would look great in any fabrics.
I fear the Pfaff no longer!!
Have a wonderful week... xo
*presser foot on BACKWARDS!!