Tuesday 10 April 2012

One Flower Wednesday

So I've stitched my very first hexagon flowers for my very first One Flower Wednesday...


My plan is to use a limited range of green fabrics as the centres, & work towards making them into a quilt to drape over the sofa. I think I'll call this The Quilt Of Forgotten Fabrics, here's the story.





The stitching is so-so, clearly I need a lot of practice, so that the stitches are not visible from the front. But, methinks they aren't too bad as a first effort.

I'm sure I've linked to Journey of a Quilter a bit too early, but I'll get the hang of this OFW thing quickly, I'm sure.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look good Anthea.xx

Karen said...

Hello Anthea! Welcome to One Flower Wednesday, I love your first and second flower, and I like the idea of green centers, my favourite colour. And, no they are not too bad as a first effort, they are excellent!

Hennie said...

Hallo Anthea,
I love your first flowers ! ! !

suzitee said...

I think that could just be THE perfect name for your quilt :) Your first flowers are looking great. Have to say I have never made a hexie in my life but so love the look of them...maybe one day?

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I think your first flowers are great and I loved the story about your "forgotten fabrics". I think many of us have some of those fabrics we purchased because they were just such a good deal at the time or we were planning a project with them that never quite made it past the "planning" stage....I just joined OFW this year and am having a great time....welcome aboard!

Becky G said...

Wonderful begining to a journey I hope you enjoy as much as I have. Your work is lovely! Happy Stitching. Becky G

Vickie said...

Good job, Anthea!!! Your first flowers look great!!!

Vickie

Paula said...

Very pretty flowers. You will love making these hexies, I'm sure.

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Hello Anthea your flowers are great keep up the work have a great day stitching jinnie

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful Flowers Anthea and welcome to One Flower Wednesday!

hafza said...

Welcome!! Your first two flowers blooming beautifully...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...