Sunday 13 May 2012

My Mothers Day

It's been lovely to sit this evening & reflect on having had such an enjoyable Day today...

The three darling people that I am Mother to ( girls both 17 & son almost 12), greeted me this morning with many hugs, kisses & loving words. They each had made me a card, & each of those cards worded in such a way that made my eyes leak... Each too, gave me a gift that I love. MrHS gave me a gorgeous card (pic in next post) & a magazine pack for keen beaders. Well, I don't bead, but there will be great ideas to use, no doubt.

My MIL came for afternoon tea, bringing with her the delicious butterfly cakes you see here... YUM! I made Sultana Oat Cookies (from a Coles mag, would you believe it?!) and this morning I made the Chelsea Buns. Oh, the smells in my house...!

I reckon these are the best Chelsea Buns  I've ever made, seriously, can't you smell them?!



I got some sewing time this afternoon, sorry no pics just yet, it's for a swap. The table centre is a Michelle Ridgway design; I made it last year, my first ever fully hand-stitched project!

Topping off my day, I got a phone call from my nephew-also-Godson, who wished me Happy Godmother's Day, in his precious almost-2-year-old voice... Aaawwwww.....

Have A Fabulous Week!


3 comments:

carole johnston said...

How lovely,sounds like you had a great day...o'h...and keep your eye out for the postie...

Tarnyia said...

OMG those buns look so yummy... do you have a recipe to share or is it a secret family one... I was going to make Anzacs this morning but had no coconut so I made a plum and almond slice instead... glad you had a great day with your family xxx

Kate said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...