Friday, 4 May 2012

My Stitching Companions

At the moment, I am sewing & stitching items for swaps, so I can't post a pic of what I'm working on...

However, I can show you my very helpful sewing & stitching companions...




The bottle is a 1litre juice bottle; I sit that close by when I'm cutting fabrics & poke the 'bits' down into it.


The little snap-lock bag lives in my little take-everywhere sewing bag; for thread scraps of cottons & embroidery threads.

And the square container was for fruit; but now lives in my sewing space, next to the sewing machine. Not cute to look at, but very helpful!

I find there's a great satisfaction in seeing these Catchers fill up... it means some wonderful stitching is being done.

It's been raining non-stop, drizzling actually, since 6am today. Perfect weather for staying inside, coffee in my Bold & Beautiful mug, SEWING!!

Have a great day, whatever you are doing...


6 comments:

shez said...

lol,i know Anthea its hard when everything you are sewing is for swaps,i can relate to what you are saying.xx

Fiona said...

I think there are a few of us with secret stuff going on!! I keep an old plastic jam jar next to me in the lounge room for exactly the same purpose... recycling at its best...
Hugz

A Blessed Life said...

What a great idea...I am also doing my swap sewing,however my eyes are shocking at the moment so it should be comical if nothing else..well it does start with C for the colour swap...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great ideas Anthea. It is fun working on 'secret womens business' isn't it!

Lisa D said...

There's nothing better to do than stitching when the weather is bad.. sounds like fun!

suzitee said...

Perfect stitching weather today! I would have loved to have done the same...but had to go to work :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...