Wednesday 17 October 2012

I Got A Little Carried Away...

I needed to learn how to make yo-yos for a project I am working on at the moment.
So on Monday night, I decided to get out the two Clover makers that I have had sitting for a month or so, and figure out how to use them. As it turns out, they were super-easy to make, and I ended up with quite the impressive little pile of yo-yos, made from scraps in my Scrap Box... and YES I did also make the 5 yo-yos I actually needed in the first place!

 It's been ages since I linked up with One Flower Wednesday, I've not been hexy-ing much recently, but still love making them.

And here's a little tip for those of us who love a good craft mag as much as we love a good buy...

 This fell out of a magazine pack I purchased on the weekend. It is considerably cheaper than the best available offers online, is done through a reputable magazine subscription company, but can only be taken up by calling the number & quoting the coupon number.... just in case anyone is interested...

Have a Wondrous Wednesday♥

17 comments:

Susan said...

Love your yoyos - those clover people do make clever things dont they??? and love the hexies too - I have a BOM going with hexagon shapes - This Goes with That - just haven't had the time to prepare them yet. . .

Maria said...

Good job on your yo-yos.. I don't like making them..
Two sweet flowers to add to your garden..
The offer looks great and I am tempted but I have sew many mags...

marina said...

you know yo yos can be as addictive as hexies. I love making them too.
great deal on the mags..

Maria said...

Lovely yo yos! That mag offer is amazing...but I must stop buying mags and start actually making the projects bookmarked in the ones I have! lol

Quilt Kitty said...

Great yo-yos! I am finding the round yo-yo maker fun, the flower ones not so much. They seem to be harder to shape. Great price or the mags too. I am just working out all my deadlines for the Christmas swaps to make sure I am on track. Tracee xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic yo-yos Anthea, I have just purchased a couple more makers from Fee can't wait till they come....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love Yo yos...making them at the moment too. Lovely hexies.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Anthea! Welcome back to OFW. I have missed you. Pretty flowers and the Yo-yos too. What are you going to make with the yo-yos? I haven't done anything with them yet...(Like I need another UFO...LOL)

Anne said...

Love the yoyos and the hexies. As far as the mag goes, great offer, but ....I will not be tempted, I will not be tempted, lol. I have so many mags in my sewing room bookshelves and I do not want to move any of them on to make more room. I'll stick to borrowing from the library. :0)

Hilachas said...

Colorful yo-yos and beautiful hexies. Thanks for sharing the magazine info.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty flowers! Love the Yo-yos, so colorful. I made a few once but never did anything with them.

Narelle said...

Sweet yo-yos and hexies ... both very addictive :o)

Kaylee said...

The yo-yos look great Anthea, I purchased a couple of Clover yo-yo makers a couple of years back and must confess still haven't used them, so slack. Though I haven't needed them in a project so far but bought them "just in case"...

Karen said...

Sweet yo-yo's! Just like hexie flowers they can be addictive. Beautiful flowers Anthea.

Gayle said...

Yo-yo and hexies, once you start you just can't stop making them, Lots of fun though.

Quilter Raised in the South said...

I've been missing one flower wednesday also, making filler hexies and trying to quilt my current project. I'm not even going to try one yo yo, I just don't need another addiction right now! great work!

Katherine said...

great yoyos! never tried a tool for them before as i have only ever done it the old way lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...