Wednesday 29 October 2014

'Tis The Season' Update

Just thought I'd pop in & share a pic of all the stitcheries for my Tis The Season wall hanging... I actually completed the last one a couple of weeks ago, but only just remembered I'd not shared it here...
 
I won't be cutting the fabrics for the blocks this week - perhaps next week that will happen - but boy am I really looking forward to getting this on the wall for the approaching Festive Season.
I've loved working these little designs throughout the year, & being part of the '1 Xmas Item A Month' blog has given me a great incentive to stick with my commitment to make regular progress on this great little quilt... & not let it become a UFO!

A few more sewing sessions in the next couple of days should see me finish my jewel-y brights Scrappy Trip blocks & quilt top. Part of me will be glad, I confess I'm kind of getting a bit sick of it... or perhaps it's more like disenchantment because it's not going to end up as I originally imagined, but I'm sure I'll still be happy enough, especially given that this quilt came about as an experiment made from garage-sale-find fabrics!

21 comments:

Christine M said...

Well done finishing all the stitcheries, Anthea. I'm looking forward to seeing it all put together.

Kim said...

Lovely stitcheries look forward to seeing it finished.

Helen said...

Beautiful stitcheries look forward to seeing it finished :)

Jindi's Cottage said...

Almost there! well done...looking forward to seeing it all together...

KERYN B said...

Really gorgeous stitcheries can't wait to see the quilt.

Susan said...

They are lovely Anthea, it's such a pretty festive project. I'm sure you will finish it in time.

Cheryl said...

Love this design and you have done a great job of your stitcheries Anthea. will be nice to have it hanging for xmas

Kate said...

I like your Tis the Season and look forward to seeing how you finish it.

Shari said...

These are great...looking forward to seeing your completed hanging!

sunny said...

Your little stitcheries are sew cute! I can't wait to see how you put them together. And you'll be finished in plenty of time for Christmas.

Maria said...

Gorgeous Tis the Season stitcheries Anthea.

Melody said...

How good does this look. It looks BRILLIANT

FloS said...

Well done Anthea !! I can't wait to look at the fabrics you will choose now !
Florence

Bev C said...

Hello Anthea,

Good luck with the Tis the Season cutting etc. Your little parcel of goodness arrived yesterday. Thanks so much it made my day.

Happy days.
Bev.

Jeneta said...

Oh my - this is going to look so beautiful on your wall!

Kaylee said...

They all look so lovely Anthea..

KimM said...

Anthea - these look so pretty! Well done.
hugs
xxx

Fiona said...

Woohoo... lovely stitcheries... looking forward to seeing the fabrics you finish it all with.....
your quilt will be fantastic ... you will love it once it is all together...
Hugz

Lin said...

They are lovely - looking forward to seeing the finished piece. xx

Katherine said...

The stitcheries are looking gorgeous Anthea. I can understand how you feel about the quilt but keep going and get it finished. It is a lovely quilt and will feel wonderful to get it done. I've had projects like that too.

Wendy said...

Looking beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...