Tuesday 16 December 2014

I'm Going Into Holiday Mode...

Being the Domestic Engineer that I am, it's not always easy to create 'time off' for myself...
but for a little time either side of Christmas & New Year, I like to at least create a 'change of pace' for myself... I think of it as my Holiday Mode.

This Christmas/New Year season, I'm going to start my Birdhouse Row cross stitch, the pattern I kept from the Travelling Treasures a couple of months ago.... yes I'm going to start on that even before I finish Redwork Noel... but don't worry it will get worked on too!
There'll be sewing for my Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM blocks... maybe a bit of Polka Dot Girls stitching... maybe some hexy's... I'll just do what takes my interest!
I will also be cutting back on my computer time, doing a lot of reading, taking some early-morning beach walks & tackling some jobs at home that need some focus.
And of course there will be time spent with family, wider family & precious friends.
Do you like the sound of my Holiday Mode?!
Do you do something like that for yourself sometimes?

So you won't see me in blogland much, but I might pop in occasionally to check up on you!

 There won't be a CTTY linky for December - so I say thank you to everyone who joined in with me through the year & I hope you'll be part of things again in 2015.

Merry Christmas To You All
Have a Wonderful Festive Season
Thank You For Your Friendship & For Inspiring Me
Stay Safe & Eat Lots

21 comments:

Cheryll said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you and your family as well...
I hope you enjoy your "time off"...
HoHoHo and see you in 2015

Bev C said...

Hello Anthea,

Merry Christmas to you and your family. The cross stitch looks a great project, good luck with it.
Happy days.
Bev.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and all blessings for 2015 Anthea x
I love your new cross stitch and plans....I like a little hibernation myself xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea merry Xmas to you and your family and I hope you have a happy and safe new year.xx

KERYN B said...

I hope you have a magical Christmas and look forward to seeing that project finished next year...

Susan said...

Sounds like a good plan....I have a long list myself.....many similar things on it like those house jobs!
All the very best to you and your family...for Christmas and 2015!

Maria said...

Wishing Your Family and you a Merry Christmas and A Happy and Healthy 2015..

Enjoy your time with the family and doing whatever takes your fancy...

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Good on you for making time for yourself - I hope you are successful! :)
Have a wonderful Christmas!

sunny said...

Your Holiday Mode sounds lovely. Enjoy every minute, and we'll see you back here in the New Year. Merry Christmas!!

Lin said...

Have a lovely holiday Anthea and a very Happy Christmas. xx

Ondrea said...

Sounds perfect! Have a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic New Year with an abundance of love, joy and good health. Angel hugs.

Christine M said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family too, Anthea. Thanks for another year of friendship. Enjoy your stitching. Hugs, Christine xxx

kiwikid said...

Lovely to have lots to choose from when you have the time to sit and sew! Hope you are your family have a wonderful Christmas!
xx

Noela said...

Hope you get lots done Anthea. Have a very merry Christmas and a very happy New Year. See you in 2015. hugs.....

Pinnylea Creations said...

Enjoy your "holiday" time. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Looking forward to catching up in 2015

Cheryl said...

Enjoy your "me" time. Merry Christmas

Katherine said...

Merry Christmas from me too! I love the sound of your holiday mode but mine is going to be rush, rush, rush this year as we are cooking etc and hosting xmas day. Then it will be relax for a few days before we are back into the normal daily grind lol. Love the look of the green stitchery too. Such a lovely christmas colour.

Wendy said...

Your holiday mode sounds a wonderful idea. I hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family. xx

Jindi's Cottage said...

Hope your Holiday Mode is going well...enjoy the change of pace...

Valspierssews said...

I just love the look of that birdhouse row. Your holiday sounds lovely. I tend to take a few days every couple of weeks when I just read and drink tea.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I love collecting all the free Boms but this year I have a pattern in mind to buy from Lori Holt. She does cute applique quilts. Since I gave away a swag of Christmas decorations I think it would be good for me to join in CTTY next year. I have lots of decoration patterns waiting to be made. Enjoy you break.
Cheers,
Val
valspierssews@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...