Wednesday 11 January 2017

Friday Night With Friends... A really Late Check-In!

Thank you Cheryll for once again hosting us... Friday Night With Friends is a great opportunity to get some sewing or stitching done, then go on a good old blog-hop to see what other participants got up to.

Friday evening & over the weekend saw me sewing like a woman possessed... resulting in the creation of 276 'Sows Ear Quilt' blocks ready to be pressed open... yep, 276! I think I have more than enough for my quilt, don't you?!
With 'Oklahoma' DVD on the tv (what a great old movie!) & then 'South Pacific' ... I quite forgot myself & just kept pairing & sewing, pairing & sewing, until all strip sets were done.
It's going to be an epic effort when I turn on the iron!

Poor PegChook, it was a never-ending acupuncture session for her, but she's been so helpful! Her payback to me was her terribly out-of-tune squawking along with the singing in the movies😜
 

So this is end of Sunday... the 276 blocks ready to press open:

I think 'Giant' or 'Gone With The Wind' will be needed for the next stage... very long movies for a task that will take ages.

I'm still adjusting to my wonderful new room... the space... the comforts of aircon & tv... AND not having to set up then pack up every time... it still feels just so darn good! Lucky me.

20 comments:

creations.1 said...

Talk about an epic sewing session!! Well done - lovely and bright!

Kate said...

Holy Toledo Anthea - 276 blocks!! Did you enjoy the pressing as much as the sewing of these? Nice to read that you're enjoying your new space.

Lin said...

Good heavens Anthea - what a task! But don't they look lovely all stacked up like that and I am sure they will look even nicer once pressed. Glad you are enjoying your new sewing space - mine is tiny but it is still heaven to just be able to get up from the machine and leave it whenever I need too. xx

sunny said...

That's a lot of stitching! But I wouldn't have been able to sit through Oklahoma. I've only seen it once, but I really hated it. How about Seven Brides for Seven Brothers? Not that's a movie!! Keep on stitching.

Helen said...

Wow great effort it's going to look wonderful. Love South Pacific :)

Karen's Korner said...

Those blocks look lovely all sewn up and waiting for the next step. Well done.

kiwikid said...

Wow!! Well done on sewing up so many blocks. Love the colours you have used too. Good luck with the marathon ironing session. Inhad Momma Mia and then Le Mis while I was sewing. 😀

Jeanette said...

Well done. Love the fabrics. Hugs,xx

Denice Barker said...

Now I know what the problem is! The movies I watch while stitching aren't foot tappin' sing alongs! I would have to resist the urge to jump on the table and sing out!

marina said...

what a great effort, must be your new sewing space..
hope I haven't missed the grand tour?
It's wonderful to have a space to yourself for sewing!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous and so neat💖💖💖

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wow! You certainly were a busy stitcher. Fantastic! Your new room sounds heaven x

Sharm said...

Epic effort! And pleased your new room is sew wonderful

Fiona said...

You've done so well with those blocks. Sometimes a lot of repeat can be boring so it's good to have some entertainment too..

Hugz

Brigitte said...

Your new sewing room sounds wonderful - TV and not having to pack everything away in the evening.
Great job on your 200+ blocks.

Janice said...

She's a machine! Well done. Have fun with the next step. Your movie choices sound ideal.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely sewing.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Wow that sure is a marathon effort...well done!...good choice of sewing movies, shame about PegChook's lack of musicality payback!...

Narelle said...

Sounds like you have found the best of both worlds.
Great going with your blocks 😄

Chookyblue...... said...

glad your enjoying your new space...........makes such a difference.........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...