Sunday 19 February 2017

'Initial Heart Swap' for 2017

I really look forward to this swap every year...
Such a great opportunity to make something lovely & mail it off - accompanied with some additional love - to someone else in blogland.

This year, I made Initial Swap items for Linda, who blogs at Sew Nicely.
Using a very pretty thread & design, I made a pincushion & needlebook, adding Linda's initials.
Some lovely little extras were added too - the (hopefully) useful sort, & the yummy sort😉
As Linda lives in Ireland, I mailed off nice & early, so she would have it for Valentine's Day.
 Got to love these pins... with their heart-shaped heads💟
Although I've not heard from Linda yet, I'm sure my parcel has arrived to her & I can safely share these pics.

No Initial Swap parcel for me yet... not to worry, mail that doesn't have a window is welcome any time!
Thank you Cheryll for another great swap xx
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

My family have been celebrating for other reasons last week, too, in addition to V's Day.
We attended separate Graduation ceremonies for my DDs... one on Monday night, the other on Friday night.
While they are very grand & somewhat long events, they are also the formal recognition of the hard work of each student & their achievements. Both my girls have further studies to do before they can begin to establish their careers, but they're well on their way. I'm so happy for them in their achievements... they work so hard & are so focussed.

I still haven't made the binding for my Sow's Ear Quilt... really must do that this week, so it's ready for when the quilt comes back from the quilter.

Have a Great Week Ahead
 

13 comments:

Kate said...

Lovely swap gifts, Anthea. Congratulations to your DDs.

Maria said...

Great swap gifts Anthea..
Both your gorls have done well, congratulations to both...

Helen said...

Lovely swap gifts, congratulations to your daughters :)

kiwikid said...

Beautiful swap you sent away Anthea, I hope yours turns up soon. Well done to your daughters.

Jeanette said...

Lovely swap gifts you sent. Congratulations to your daughters. Hugs,xx

sunny said...

You did a beautiful job on your swap gifts. Congrats to your DD's and to YOU!

Justine said...

What gorgeous gifts you sent to your swap partner! I'm finishing up a needlebook now and I'm finding it really hard. Yours looks perfect. Did you use a tutorial?
Hope your parcel arrives soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea wow the gifts you sent are gorgeous,love Chez's swaps.

Cheryll said...

Lovely gifts sent to Ireland... and a little disappointed yours hasn't arrived yet... will check on it for you...xox

Lin said...

Pretty gifts Anthea - I love the pins too. xx

Lin said...

Really pleased for your daughters too. xx

Christine M said...

You sent Linda some lovely gifts, Anthea.

KaHolly said...

And speaking of considerate swap partners, you really raised the bar! Congratulations to your DD's for graduating! Good luck in their future studies! XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...