Thursday 27 December 2012

My Gorgeous SSCS Gift

My Secret Santa for the Secret Santa Christmas Swap was the very talented Anne Heidi in
Norway whose blog is Piece by Piece.
Oh I was a very patient girl, waiting for the time when I could open my parcel!
 And what a gorgeous gift Anne Heidi has made me....
 
I love the bead detail!
 Anne Heidi this is just wonderful, & the perfect size for the essentials! Thanks so very much! It is all stitched so very neatly & I really love the colours...
(My back surgeon is also grateful, because he winces when he sees the bags I usually lug around, LOL)
And I am so pleased to have a new blogging friend in you, Anne Heidi.
I'll be posting pics soon, of what I sent to Gracie.

I also thank the very amazing Chookyblue who from her Command Post at the Chookhouse organised this wonderful swap, bringing so many of us a chance to make new friends & share our creative skills with others.
 *~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*
I have had a wonderful Christmas & Boxing Day... seen and hugged and talked to every member of my family, and my husbands (barring 2 of his nieces who are o/s)... eaten great food.... way too hot for much booze... and got some great presents.... I even did some hexy-basting during the car journeys! I also got some very precious time with my Godson/nephew who is 2½, & quite the happy little man...
I have a LOT of great pics & videos, which will round off the memory-making beautifully. And I remembered to pack all our gifts to take, unlike the last 2 years when I have left some at home, LOL

Some other memories from this Festive Season will be.....
 that my usually fab potato bake, which I took a mountain of to my parents home, was a complete disaster - it spilled in the car & was somehow undercooked...
it took us well over 1½ hours to drive a journey that usually takes around 60-65 minutes, darn traffic...
 it's been 39°C and 40°C for those  days... yuk doesn't even start to describe it. We are having our first heatwave of the summer, lasting at least another week....

Ah, it's all what goes in the memory bank, isn't it?!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and I look forward to reading blogs and seeing what went on...

24 comments:

Maria said...

What a beautiful gift you received from Anne.
Pleased you had a fabulous Christmas despite the heat..

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bag Anthea,this is such a fun swap,so glad you had a great day.xx

pamkennison said...

What a lovely bag Anthea, so pleased you had a great day even with the potato bake incident :) have a Happy New Year xxx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous bag and oh what a shame about your potato bake. I love it. I hope it wasn't too much of a mess to clean up.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful bag. Oh that's not good about your potato bake. Hugs,

marina said...

your bag is just so gorgeous!
sounds like you have had a wonderful Christmas.
Hope the heatwave subsides for you.

Anne Heidi said...

I am so glad you like the bag. I'll try to send some cooler weather your way, it's -23C here today.... I really need to bundle up before walking the 2km to work....

Jindi's Cottage said...

Oh lucky lucky you to have a made by Anne-Heidi bag...that's what she made me for SSCS (different design) and I used it every day and got SO many compliments that I considered lying and saying yes I had made it *LOL*...it's in retirement as I have just about worn it out (I worked it hard, a lesser specimen would have hit the dustbin a long time ago)...enjoy using your bag...glad you had a nice Christmas even if your potato bake did commit spudcide...

Maria said...

Lovely bag design from Anne-Heidi! Sounds like a wonderful family Christmas you've had, and they're the best :-) I once made my 'famous' pizzas and the middle of the dough base wasn't cooked..yuck! But my darling family still ate it and said it was lovely...but like you with your potato bake...I was disappointed!

Susan said...

We are the bag ladies! Anne-Heidi made a beautiful bag for me too. Sorry that it was so hot and that the potato bake didn't make it, but otherwise I'm so glad you had such a great Christmas. We have had a couple of cool days but I don't think it will last. :(

Nicky said...

Gorgeous bag from Anne Heidi, such pretty colours. Good to hear Christmas went well despite the heat and mishaps :-)

Kate said...

Such a lovely bag - love the colours.
Nice to read that you had such a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy your heatwave.

gracie said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas/Boxing Day of memories. Love the exchange gift.

Quilt Kitty said...

Gorgeous bag Anthea. Oh no, 2012 will forever be known as the Christmas of the great potato bake disarter! Never mind, it's not potato bake weather in Perth. Sounds like you had a fun family CHristmas anyway. Tracee xx

Fiona said...

soem great memories... and a disaster for the history book... what a lovely bag...
Hugz

sunny said...

That bag is fabulous!! I'm glad you had a good Christmas, even if the potato bake didn't live up to expectations.

Wendy said...

Beautiful gifts, sounds like you had a lovely Christmas apart from the meat and potatoes! I cannot imagine it being that hot!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is a gorgeous bag Anthea, I bet the potato bake was still OK....x

Shari said...

Fantastic bag - love the bead detail too.

Klarafina said...

What a beautiful bag :)

Chookyblue...... said...

what a beautiful parcel from Anne Heidi........enjoy using your new bag.......so pleased you have enjoyed the swap.......thanks so much for being part of the SSCS 2012.........

hope you are surviving the heat.........we've been hot for weeks and weeks.......no extreme 40 days but mostly mid to hight 30's..........

Terry said...

What a lovely bag! :0)

Wendy said...

Stunning bag! I absolutely love that she used a dresden plate on the front of the bag...

Carole said...

Oh.... You had Ann Heidi as a Secret Partner ... what a sweetheart she is! Lovely goodies you received! She does beautiful work! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...