Wednesday 23 October 2013

A Pretty Trio...

My collection of Brown-Eyed Blooms continues to grow...
The first two were made last week... Gotta love the hexy print yellow...
This one was stitched while sitting at a hospital appointment with my BF... had a few interested onlookers... stitching in public always intrigues people, don't you think?
 Karen at Journey of a Quilter is our wonderful One Flower Wednesday host, you can pop over here to see other pretty hexagon flowers... OFW is a great motivator, keeps me making a flower most weeks & slowly growing my collection!
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~*
A few weeks back I committed myself to stitching on Charmed I'm Sure on a Wednesday evening, & also a weekend evening... just want to get those stitcheries done... going to use my Q-Snap frame tonight & see if it's easier than my hoop ... Thank You to my readers who suggested it; I had quite forgotten I had it♥
I am going to be totally annoying now... have a little BRAG in fact... I have fully & totally finished my sewing for one of my Christmas swaps... yep, all that's needed is wrapping paper & that sleigh... & I'm so excited to be starting another Secret Sewing item tomorrow.
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*
This hibiscus is slightly past its best, but take a look at the size of it...
 OVER SEVEN INCHES!!
They are big curvy girls... a bit like their owner... ha ha

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely hexies Anthea and i love Hibiscus's.xx

Melody said...

Beautiful flowers both and grown

Maria said...

Oh nice flowers to add to your garden..
What a fabulous Hibiscus Anthea. Like what you wrote "Big and Curvy " sounds like me too.
Like you I have my Christmas, Mini and "Let's Celebrate swaps done because I want to sew some quilts for NSWs folk.

Christine M said...

Lovely flowers Anthea, both fabric and real!

Susan said...

Both lovely flowers...the hibiscus is a beautiful soft colour.

Deb R said...

your garden is growing nicely!

marina said...

very pretty flowers.
that hibiscus is amazing!

chrissie said...

Beautiful hexies flowers and an amazing real one.

Chrissie x

Unknown said...

Nice hexi's. wow the hibiscus is a beaut Anthea. Sharyn:)

Helen said...

Your garden is growing beautifully love the colours !!

Bev C said...

Hello Anthea,

Both blooms are lovely. Great to hear you have stitched up Christmas.

Enjoy the rest of the week.
Bev.

Josie said...

You know how much I love your brown eyed blooms.... you have the most gorgeous fabrics for them. Turning green here again. ;o)

Marilyn said...

That is an impressive hibiscus. lovely hexies too, and well done on having your swap gifts ready for the sleigh.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

still loving the brown-eyed flowers.......yes, you are right....when I was waiting for my car to be serviced one day I had my Oz hexies out and had a couple of people looking!

Sandi said...

Well done, I love that - getting things done - feeling...big and curvy is perfect - a skinny and small just wouldn't have the same impact...lol

Fiona said...

lovely hibiscus flower.... big and curvy sounds popular!!
Hugz

Lin said...

I adore hibiscus - that certainly is a beauty!

Kate said...

That is an awesome hibiscus, Anthea. How clever to make a hexie from hexie fabric!!!

Wendy said...

Your brown eyed flowers are amazing, wonderful hibiscus too! Hugs Wendy

Karen said...

Look at all the flowers, beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...