Wednesday 27 August 2014

CTTY Winner & Little Makes...

Big Thank You to the lovely ladies who linked their Christmas gifts with CTTY for August... beautiful work! 
~*~ Narelle  ~*~ you'll be receiving a little thank-you giftie for participating, well done...

As for my little makes, I managed to get my little ornaments/decorations made... actually sewn on the machine, minus the dizziness or wonkiness... yay for me... another step forward.
In other stitching news, I've also been working on a little cross stitch, here's a peek...
 ... of some colours I used for it!
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*
Some of you may remember that earlier in the year, I shared that my casual work at school will end due to the closure of the uniform shop. I sure will miss it. Well the last trading day is the 22nd of September. I have the good luck of getting a final couple of work days before then... and after 6 years of working there, in both a paid & unpaid capacity, I've been invited to attend my first (& last!) staff function at term end.

I haven't yet looked into finding other work, nor am I under pressure to do so... though it does seem that the new uniform seller could use some extra hands & organisational skills!... I'm sure something will work out if & when I would care to seek it.
Methinks now would be a good time for me to make a 'job' of organising some things here at home - like converting packets of photos to digital... sorting & culling the treasures that the kids have done at school... culling the overflowing bookcases & storage cupboards... you know those much-neglected household things... but of course it can't interfere with my stitching & sewing!

This evening mr14 & mrHS are off to a live MYTHBUSTERS show in the city... & my girls are going to the movies with a friend... so guess who's having dinner alone... what a strange & curious prospect... a brand new experience for me!

♥Have a Wonderful Wednesday♥

18 comments:

Susan said...

Everyone out??? - eat quick and sew!

Maria said...

Yes that's right Susan.. love me time....

Anonymous said...

I agree with both of you,enjoy your quiet time Anthea.xx

Melody said...

Yes I agree, enjoy some time for yourself. Means you can eat whatever you want, without worrying about what anyone else wants to eat.

Kim said...

Time for yourself is always nice. Those ornaments are so cute!

kiwikid said...

Oh how nice!! I hope you enjoyed your me time!! I would have the music up loud!! Good to hear you are back on the sewing machine and remaining upright!!

Cheryll said...

WoO HoO... more sewing time for you!
Congrats to Narelle...
Enjoy your evening alone...arrrrhhh

Kim said...

Enjoy your alone time.

Narelle said...

Oh wow! Thank you so much :o)
Love your bright coloured threads.
Sounds like a new chapter to look forward to.

Cheryl said...

Lovely sewing Anthea. I'm sure you will miss your job, but the prospect of more sewing time sounds wonderful

Fiona said...

cute stitching... good you are already thinking of ways to use up your 'sortof retirement' time....
Hugz

Valspierssews said...

Seems like you have plenty at home to keep you busy for a while. The ornaments you made look very cute and those thread colours look so rich. I hope you can show off the project soon.
valspierssews

Raewyn said...

Hope you have a great evening - so glad you are managing to sew again. The little decorations are lovely.

Sisbabestitches said...

Sewing on the machine! What a huge leap forward, so pleased the ickiness is settling somewhat :) Love the ornaments, so very cute :)

Katherine said...

Glad that you are starting to feel more like yourself. Sad that you are loosing your little job but it will give you some more 'me' time to take care of yourself too.

Lin said...

Great to have time to yourself. Enjoy. Pretty decorations. I should get all those home jobs out of the way swiftly - then you can enjoy some more sewing time. xx

Wendy said...

Poor you, I hope you keep improving. Your little Christmas makes are lovely. xx

debbie said...

Hope you are feeling better every day. Your bright stitching threads are so pretty! xx debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...