Thursday 4 June 2015

'One Lovely Blog' Award

 Back in the middle of May, I was so chuffed to receive an email from Christine at MacDonald's Patch, to say she'd nominated me for a 'One Lovely Blog' Award.
 
I found it such a compliment that she would do this, given how many gorgeous blogs she reads & the number of very talented blogging buddies she has. You can read Christine's post here.

Until now, I have been reluctant to accept these types of things, they're not really 'me'. However, I do try to keep my blog welcoming, interesting, fun & light... a place where I can 'meet' up with my crafting friends in an online setting & share my creative life. So it gives my heart a little warming to know that someone finds my blog 'lovely' & validates the effort I put in to my blog.
Thank You Christine for this nomination.

The idea of this award is for bloggers who've been nominated to share a bit about themselves & in turn nominate others whose blogs they love & want to share with their readers.

So in order to accept the Award I need to:
1.Thank the generous person who nominated me.
2.Share seven facts about myself.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for the Award.

Number 1s done, so it's on to Number 2. Talk about myself... hhmmm...

one: I've always had a 'thing' for buttons... I even buy them just because I love them & with no particular purpose in mind.

two: When my girls were little, I sewed most of their clothes - even the great little sunhats they wore for outside play at kindy!

three:  In high school, I sewed for friends & they paid me in bus tickets.

four: I was taught to cross stitch in 1994, when I was pregnant with my daughters. And what a saviour it was, because I got quite big & was required to rest a lot! But it was not until 2011 that I finally kept a cross stitch I made; everything up until then had been gifted for weddings, birthdays, babies, new homes, Christmas.

five: I am most certainly NOT a gardener, but I'm ok with indoor & patio plants. Hence our garden beds are home to low maintenance Australian natives.

six: I love-love-love scented candles & melts... I usually have one burning when I'm at home.

seven: When August 2015 comes, I will have been married half my lifetime.

Ok now on to my nominations for a 'One Lovely Blog' award.

St Victor Quilts - Lin just amazes me with her beautiful crazy patchwork embellishments.

The Next Stage - Maria's blog is lovely to read because she shares not only her beautiful sewing & knitting, but some family & holiday pics too.

Fireflies & Cats In The Garden - if you want a cross stitch feast for your eyes, pop over & visit Leonie... beautiful work & lovely designs aplenty!

There were other blogs I was going to nominate, but as they have recently received one, I thought best not.
I hope you'll take the time to pop in to see these Lovely Blogs.

Thank You for reading... & I hope that you all continue to put up with enjoy my blog!

12 comments:

Pamela said...

Congrats on your award!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea ,lovely knowing more about you,congrats on your award xx

Helen said...

Oh congrats on your award Anthea lovely to read a bit about your life x

KERYN B said...

Your blog is always so wonderful to read, well done on the award..you deserve it.

sunny said...

Well it's certainly fun to learn more about you! I received a postcard in a swap from Lin, and it was lovely!!!!

marina said...

lovely to find a little more out about you, congratulations onyour award.
off to visit your nominated blogs too...

Kaylee said...

How lovely Anthea, congrats on the award. Lovely reading those facts about you..

Maria said...

Co grates on the award and also your win from the Chookshed Party.

Lin said...

Well I love your blog too - congratulations on your award and thank you so much for nominating me. Good to learn a bit more about you. xx

Stitching Noni said...

Thank you for the nomination and congrats on being receiving the award :o)
It is always nice to hear something new about our lovely bloggers!
Hugs xx

Maria said...

It's always a pleasure to read your blog Anthea so congratulations on your award. Thank you for your lovely comments and for nominating me! I might not be able to find 10 bloggers who haven't received this already but I'll see what I can do :-)

Christine M said...

Hi Anthea. It is lovely finding out a little more about you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...