Tuesday 20 October 2015

Christmas Is Creeping Up...

 
Yes friends, it's getting closer to that Jingle Bells, Ho-Ho-Ho, rum balls, tinsel & turkey time of year... maybe you're sewing some gifts to give in December?... I'd love you to link them here... you can link any kind of gift, not just the Christmas-y themed ones.

This month for CTTY, I have progress pics of some more zipper pouches I'm working on... the zips are the slowest part of making these, but it doesn't feel so hard when I do a few at a time!
They'll be finished for sharing here next month.
 

I'm pleased to report that my frantic efforts have paid off & we're jut about ready for the renovation works to begin late this week... The storage unit is packed to the eyeballs, I'm amazed how much I've been able to get into it... having all my craft stuff in compatible tubs has enabled me to stack-stack-stack them on top of each other. Exciting times, however tiring it may be!

One of the items that needs to be moved is a Horn sewing cabinet/station... it belonged to my MIL & she gave it to me last year, along with her sewing machine... thing is, I've put the key away somewhere so safe, that I can't remember where that safe place is... so I can't use the Horn of course, unless I have a key to unlock the front door of it which then allows access to the drawers... I won't worry about it for now, but I'm just hoping I can get a replacement key for it, if the need arises. Oh the things we do to ourselves!

13 comments:

Lin said...

Hi Anthea - pretty pineapple fabric. Not a lot on the gift making front here I am afraid. I am sure that if you contact Horn they will be able to supply you with a spare key. However these things do tend to turn up when you have given up looking for them! xx

Susan said...

Not a great of Christmas sewing here either. But I do like your pouches, and a set is a great gift idea, even for non-sewers. Good luck finding the key.....if you're like me you will find it after you make other arrangements!

Melody said...

Love your pouches - delightful

Ondrea said...

Cute pouches. Oh dear. Have you tried looking in the same place all the odd socks go?

Maria said...

Nice pouches you are making Anthea. Sorry all secret sewing here sew can't post...
If you haven't found your key just borrow one from a friend who has a cabinet. One key fits all as I found out when a friend borrowed mine to open her Horn....

sunny said...

This reminds me, I need to learn how to do zips! I think I learned back in Junior High, but that was many decades ago. :-(

Stitching Noni said...

Love your pineapple fabric!
No Chrissy gifts being stitched as such... but I am trying very hard to get some Christmas inspired stitching done at the moment....
I hope your find the (or a) key to the Horn!!
Hugs xx

Susan said...

Love the pineapples!

Justine said...

I love those bags! You will have some lucky friends at Christmas.

dotty and the owl said...

Pretty fabric for the pouches, they'll make lovely Christmas gifts.

Unknown said...

Hi Anthea. Seems like you have been busy. I have found the best bit is the unpacking. After 10months, it seemed like every box I opened held a surprise, I had forgotten about. Exciting time for you. Sharyn😊

Narelle said...

Lovely summery fabric.
Ooops...I blinked and missed the link :o)

Jeneta said...

I LOVE the pineapple fabric!! I have been teaching year 2's this term (absolutely loving it!!) and have not had a spare moment for anything except work and family. I have missed so much of your news!!! A reno is very exciting - I can't wait to see progress photos! J x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...