Tuesday 18 October 2016

Not Just Hexy's...

Gosh I just realised how much 'hexy goodness' I've posted on my blog in recent months!
Guess that's what can happen between secret sewing & bouts of winter ills.

So just to vary things up a little, I want to share some gifts I sent to my longtime bloggy friend Kaylee... for 2016 we agreed to do a 'birthday swap'... a handmade gift, some small extras & 3 fat quarters... well, Kaylee's birthday was last month & here's what I sent her:
 Also made a matching pincushion & skinny pincushion - bit hard to see, sorry.

The fq's are Kate Spain 'Aria'... so gorgeous from my favourite designer.
Plus two pair of scissors, in very handy size.
 I know Kaylee loves shoes, bling & pink, so I reckon this fabric is pretty spot-on, don't you??!
 *~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

I've also been progressing the batiks strips... being that it's a 'challenge' project from my patchwork group, it's sneak-peaks only, sorry... but here's a better look at their awfulness...
  LOTS of strip sets, ready for the next stage of sewing...
 In keeping with my tradition of giving names to some of my projects, I've called this 'The Sows Ear'... maybe I'm hoping for a silk purse when it's finished?!
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

Some months ago, I blogged that I'm also participating in a Mystery Friendship Quilt with my patchwork group... this is a close-up look at some of the blocks I've made for the other ladies. 



















I was so pleased with this white/black/pink-pop block... it's called 'Aunt Dinah'... sadly the lady who was to receive it passed away mid-April... the blocks made for her are being made up into something special for her family.

It's certainly been a very interesting project, & we only have 2 blocks to go... well, I have a few more than that, I'm officially behind. When all the 17 blocks are complete, we'll be having a special day of 'reveal' at which the co-ord of this Mystery will give each of us the collection of blocks that have been made for us.
It's up to each lady to decide what she wants to make with her blocks... not necessarily a quilt, although that's what I'll be doing with mine.
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

Christmas swaps are well under way... this year I'm doing two... quite different to eachother but definitely fun... both with partners I've not sent to before, bonus!

Ok, I'd better get Pfaff-ing... catch-up blocks to sew... sunshine to enjoy...
Have a great day!

8 comments:

Kim said...

They're all such pretty projects! That is one lucky friend.

Chookyblue...... said...

Sometimes we don't realise how much we have posted about one project until we look back.... Lots happening here....

Ondrea said...

Wow! You have been a busy bunny. So many lovely things. Well done.

Lin said...

Lots of lovliness there - including the sows ear! Great gifts for your friend and yes, sounds like the perfect fabric for her. xx

Justine said...

Definitely a silk purse in the making! Love your gifts for Kaylee too, the perfect fabric choice for her tastes.

sunny said...

Glad to see lots of pretty projects coming out of that gorgeous sewing room!! I'm sure you'll be amazed with your 'silk purse'. Not fabrics that I would have chosen, but they usually all come together in the end. Can you say "donation" quilt?

Fiona said...

You are doing some interesting projects.. I love your humour of the sows ear!
Hugz

Kaylee said...

You are sooo right Anthea, I absolutely love, love, love all the lovely gifts you sent me for my Birthday and I so admore my gorgeous bag. Thank you my bloggy friend...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...