Saturday 30 December 2017

Christmas 2017...

What a great few days it's been over Christmas... lots of great food... a tipple here & there... and yes a pressie or two as well.
I confess that while it was fun to wake up to squeals of joy when my kids were young, I do now also love the sleep-in & slow start that happens now that those kids have grown into young adults.
As 2018 will bring changes & new experiences to our family, this Christmas Season has been a particularly precious time.
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

 The annual 'Secret Santa Christmas Swap' co-ordinated by Chookyblue is a must for me each year... this year I had the fun of sending my gifts all the way to Tonje in Norway, who blogs HERE...

It's always fun & a bit exciting to guess where my goodies are going to arrive from... this year, from Marika in Germany, who blogs HERE.
The ornament I've already shown:
And Marika has made me a really handy folder carrier... I'll be off to Officeworks next week for a folder to go in it! (I confess that when I emailed Marika my gratitude, I did ask her to explain how I use her gift; I've never seen such an item!) I've borrowed Marika's photo...
Thanks again to Marika & Tonje for such a great SSCS for 2017, and of course to our Elf-In-Chief, Chookyblue for another fun Festive international swap.
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

Swap fun was also had over at the No-Fuss SAL blog... well, it was a swaps blog before it became a SAL blog, so it was fun to have a Christmas swap alongside our SAL-ing.

Our items had to be:
 1.  Make something with a Ruth's quilt tag.  Choose a tag - any tag or design your own tag  and
      make something with it.
2.  1 x  Christmas tea-towel
  3.  1 x Piece of lace - 50cm
  4.  1 x Christmas button
  5.  1 x Small Christmas themed treat..


 My goodies went to my bloggy friend Susan...  glad you like it all Susan! I chose to make Susan a nice big needle book using the stitchery, with two sheets of wool felt inside. The 'treat' is the Santa spreader; for all those delicious cheeses, dips & spreads during the Festive season, yum!
 It's possibly a bit hard to see the variation in the thread I used on the needlebook... it's subtle & oh-so pretty
 The inside of the needle book... lots of room for lots of needles & pins!

Maria is always a lovely swap partner to receive from, & this time is no exception... Thank You again Maria♥
My tea towel is appliqued with fun Christmas trees... & over on the left is a fun rotary cutter sleeve, featuring the daintiest of stitcheries & it's so beautifully stitched into place. As I mentioned to Maria, I was thinking of making myself one of those, but she had made me a prettier one already.
Love it all!

Well, that rounds up the Festive post for 2017... sorry it was so long... gotta be done when there's good fun swapping going on!

9 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful swap gifts sent and recieved Anthea. Love the rotary cutter holder xx

Jo said...

Such a lovely range of gifts.. I was lucky to receive my SSCS from Tonje. Very special... Happy New Year to you...

Justine said...

What lovely gifts. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Kate said...

Such lovely gifts, Anthea.
Happy New Year!

Maria said...

Fabulous gifts 🎁 and both Swaps are always fun to join in....

sunny said...

Beautiful gifts - both coming and going! I love the little bag that you made.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea lots of beautiful gifts both sent and received,these swaps are so much fun,wishing you a happy new year Anthea xx

Fiona said...

your folder carrier looks so useful to take when you go out with your project..
Hugz

Janice said...

What a lovely array of gifts both given and received. It adds fun to Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...