Tuesday 9 January 2018

First 'Piece Yourself Together' for 2018

Progress on the Super Scrappy Hexy Quilt has been really slow in the last 6 weeks or so... I don't think I realised I just became a bit fatigued (bored, perhaps) of working on it as much as I was.

After a total break from it during the Christmas period, I feel somewhat a renewed interest to keep going with it. My fear is that if I stop altogether, this thing will just never get finished. Being that it's a fully hand stitched project, I really don't want that to happen.

I'm now at the stage of sewing these blocks to the main part of the work:
 You can see the block at the top left is partially stitched into place... I'd been keeping an eye on the Test cricket, but when it was finished, the stitching had to stop... sadly the washing doesn't jump into the machine by itself & the floors aren't self-cleaning😉

I hope you'll join in with PYT... share what EPP you've been working on...
The linky is in my right-hand sidebar, & is open until Thursday midnight, West Australia time

15 comments:

Rosie said...

WOW! Love this.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea wow this is coming along beautifully and i know what you mean about the housework,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Karen's Korner said...

That is coming together beautifully. Such good progress so far and keep on stitching.

allthingzsewn said...

Oh My, this is going to be gorgeous when finished. I would never take something this time consuming on. I'm impressed. You go girl.

Pamela said...

This looks great!

Kate said...

It's beautiful Anthea but looks like such a lot of work. :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wonderful! Such a lot of work and a huge achievement for you Anthea. So beautiful xx

Jeanette said...

Beautiful Anthea. Such a sad thing about housework. I was hoping my dishes would be miraculously washed this morning while I sewed but sadly they weren't. Hugs, xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I just love seeing your progress! Ok, so I would like to join in this year with PYT... need to see what I am doing, I am sure I have some hexies somewhere... xx

Stitching Noni said...

Anthea, your hexies look great. Love the way they are coming together :) Wouldn't it be great to have a magic wand to wave over the house work?! :)

Jo said...

Great hexie sewing. Something I just can't get into...

Sharm said...

Oh yes, you really can't put it aside for too long or it might turn into a UFO - I'm not keen on those lol you are making good progress and must be close to finishing or are you planning for it to be bigger still? I'll try to do an EPP post tomorrow night when home from work

Mia said...

Wow, Anthlea. What a beautiful quilt!!! Happy New Year, my friend.

Janice said...

Good luck with your progress. There’s a one day game tomorrow. More stitching time?

Tarnyia said...

You are inspiring me to jump on board with this one Anthea... I am in the middle of bogging out my sewing room and sorting out what I need and what I don't need!!!!!!!!
The scrap boxes are overflowing and this just may be the projected needed to sort them out and I like your Granny Square idea xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...