Tuesday 13 February 2018

'Piece Yourself Together' Tuesday... Re-Visiting An Old Project


I seem to have the luck lately of finding the unexpected, at a time when I'm looking for something in particular. Today's EPP post fits in with that.

Back around the time of the Australia Day weekend, I was looking for something in my tubs... and just take a look at what I clapped my eyes upon...
My brown-eyed hexy flowers!

I was making these before the Scrappy Hexy Quilt really took hold of me... the last time these saw the light of day was August of 2015!

The original plan for these beauties has been changed... there's no way I'm going to make a second handstitched hexy quilt... no way... SO, an alternative plan will be made.
Just to knock off the dust from this project, 4 more flowers have been stitched in the last week & added to the stack...
The existing five basic colours will be continued... oranges, greens, yellows, purples & pinks.

Maybe I need to stop looking for things, so I don't find any more UFOs lovely surprises tucked away in my storage area!

19 comments:

Helen said...

UFOs are great but sometimes scary .....good luck with your alternative plan :)

Jeanette said...

Love your hexies. hugs,xx

gracie said...

I like these and just know you will turn this into a pretty quilt.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely find Anthea,love your hexies xx

Susan said...

Maybe they can be appliqued to a background square...I love the brown centres.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I agree with Susan. I love the brown centres.....those ufos have a mind of there own....sneaky things lol!

Brigitte said...

Definitely a nice surprise to come across these forgotten hexes. They look great and I'm looking forward to seeing them made into something beautiful.

Lin said...

Aha! So I wonder what these will become. Sorry I have nothing to share this month. xx

Janice said...

I wonder what they will turn into? Whatever it is it will be pretty.

Sharm said...

Oh dear! So what do you plan to do with these beauties I wonder!!!

marina said...

what beautiful flowers, so glad you found them and have been inspired to work on them.
lovely!!

Jo said...

Have fun with your Hexies.
Oh yes, coffee

Susie H said...

I'm on board with Susan & Michelle -- love the brown centers! Can't wait to see what you will do with these. Looks like quite a pile already. Why not make a hand-stitched hexy quilt?

kiwikid said...

Strange how UFO's find you when the time is right 😆 your flowers are very pretty.

Raewyn said...

Your hexies of old are lovely Anthea---such a nice variety of fabrics.

Ondrea said...

Fantastic find girl!

Kay said...

I too have a pile of hexies waiting to be made into a quilt, I know I started about 3 1/2 years ago now!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh that is a lovely UFO, um, er, lovely surprise!! I love the browns in the middle, so effective! xx

Maria said...

LOL that's the trouble when you tidy up or check out a box you haven't looked at for years ( in your case )...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...