Tuesday 10 July 2018

Project Prep, Gut Education & Family Time...

 Yep, there's a mish-mash of stuff going on here!

My darling DDY is home for the school holidays... just can't get enough of being with her... & so good to have all 5 of us at the dinner table together! She was here with us last week... this week, she & the DDC have headed down south for a sisters holiday for a few days, which they both were looking forward to.

As for my gut, it seems that my gastritis is something I'm going to have to live with for a while yet... some people experience episodes of it from time to time, others have it for longer, & others have it for longer still... kind of like the question about string & its length really. Clearly my string is a good length now, being that this all started about 2 months ago.
I've been getting a good start on food knowledge from a local dietician & further understanding about my condition. The educational reading while informative, is not as enjoyable as my current leisure reading, that's for sure. At least I'm having more good days than bad ones now, & of course it's good to know more about the condition itself.

With all this other stuff going on, it's been quite hard to focus on any project in particular... however, I'm off to Retreat on the 20th of July, so I'm starting to think about what I want to work on for those days.
I've been sitting on this very pretty layer cake & fabrics for a while now, & decided that Retreat would be a good time to get started on using it... the blocks are big, & easy construction with HST & background fabric. I love me a pretty HST!
 I've already cut the layer cake squares & organised them into what is needed for each block... the background white fabric will be cut before Retreat.

I've also (finally!) started trimming back my stitchery blocks for my Ruth's Quilt & plan to sew the top together while at Retreat... or make a decent start on it at least.
 

I really need to catch up on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks, I've not yet done the May & June colours, & the colour for July has been announced too.. eeekkk!
Not a single stitch has been added to any of my EPP projects in the last few weeks... sometimes it just happens that way. But I do hope that if you've been EPP-ing, you'll link up here.

17 comments:

Fiona said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with your layer cake... you are the queen of accurate HST's.... lovely to have your family all together for a while... you sound very content in spite of silly tummy...
Hugz

Helen said...

Happy gut happy life I think... nice to have family time together. Lots of sewing plans for retreat, I look to seeing your tags come together.

kiwikid said...

Hope your hut settles and behaves very soon. Lovely to have all the family together once again. Looking forward to seeing your progress after the retreat.

Justine said...

I hope you start to feel better soon. Your fabrics are just lovely!

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Love your stitcheries. I have gastritis (diagnosed 2002) and have managed to keep it under control, it has been alot better since I was diagnosed Coeliac last year and its great not to have symptoms. I hope you get relief soon, great that you have a dietician, take care :) x

Pamela said...

You are so organized! Hope you feel better.

Susie H said...

Sorry to hear about your gut issues. My mother has ulcerative colitis but she (we) have learned to deal with it. Thankfully it's mostly under control now. I think your project with the layer cake is going to be very pretty. Hope you get a lot done at retreat!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea yes its always wonderful to have everyone back home,its a great feeling.Glad you are feeling much better Anthea and with good food knowledge your gut can settle down . You look like you are already for camp now,i look forward to seeing what you get up to xx

Jeanette said...

Hope all settles with your health soon. Lovely to have your daughter home.. looks like your are going to be very busy at your retreat. Hugs,xx

Ondrea said...

You have been quite productive. I thought you may have gastritis. I keep coffee, alcohol and sugar to a minimum which helps. It is important to keep the gut alkaline so it can repair. When I feel it coming on I make sure I drink apple cider vingegar in water before meals. ( mother tincture). If I overdo the foods I shouldn't have I start to feel ill . Hope you keep strong so you can heal.

Maria said...

Lovely having your family together ...
You sure have been busy , great to be organised for your retreat.
Do hope your tummy gets better soon.

Kaylee said...

Oh retreat Anthea, what fun, you're all over it, looking forward to seeing what you accomplished after retreat. Always great to have all the family together. Hope your gastritis settles down soon.

Lin said...

Pretty fabrics Anthea for your retreat project. Hope your piece of string is not too long. xx

Janice said...

Don’t beat yourself up about what you haven’t achieved. You have still been productive in recent times, and you have been somewhat distracted with your health issues for the last little while. Enjoy your retreat and I do hope you get a bit done on your project.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Can't wait to see what your layer cake project ends up like! Sorry you're having tummy issues.. hope you do better soon... xx

Susan said...

Happy retreating.....I do hope all goes well and you can gets lots done.

Binsa said...

Glad the belly is sorted looking forward to seeing your progress with the layer cake

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...