Thursday 23 August 2018

This That & The Other

Contrary to what my blog posting habits are these days, I am still sewing & stitching😉

Since my last post, I've added some more brown-eyed flowers to the collection... a couple more purples, a pale pink & a cheery yellow.
So easy to just sit & stitch them together while watching The Bachelor, ha ha.
(Or as DDC said last night "The Bitch-elor, some of these girls are very nasty people")
Before Retreat a while back, I cut a heap of pieces ready for making into zipper pouches... well I didn't get to them on Retreat, so they're in production now... just need the zipper ends to be covered & they're finished. I think I will put them in the shop at my Patchwork group to sell.
I still have more pieces to sew (all that cutting was perhaps a bit too keen, LOL), but getting these done is a good start.
Went to Spotlight yesterday for some interfacing & thread... always got to have a sticky-beak at the tressels of heavily discounted stuff... these two beauties were not part of the discount, but were sold to me for $10 each due to confusing signage & employee enthusiasm to at least get rid of a couple from the big pile of them!
TEN DOLLARS, wow! Well lucky me & they will be put to good use... just love that pink one.
The pink one is the largest size, at 32cm long & 24cm wide, & generous 17cm tall.
The black one is going to become the work box for a new long term project I'm starting in the next couple of months... slightly smaller than the pink one, I'm hoping it will be the right size for my intention.
I have no particular use in mind for the pink one... but who cares... it's pink, it's got a velour feel, & I just couldn't leave it there😍😍 (yes I have a thing for pink!)
I had Roster Duty at my patchwork premises on Monday, so I spent the day pressing & cutting some fabrics in preparation for bag-making. I've had this cotton drill fabric in my stash forever, & when I came across it on the weekend, I made a snap decision it just needs to be used asap... stay tuned for sewing results here... I'm quietly excited for these & may be tempted to keep one for myself!
It had been folded for so long, & with some big creases too... the pressing took a good deal more effort than expected, but I was glad for the very large pressing station we have there.
There is some kind of fun & satisfaction to be had in creating a little pile of scraps as the cutting process happens... don't worry, I keep anything remotely usable!
 Can't go until I show you what I did on Wednesday the 15th... DD-C gifted me two tickets for my birthday in March... she was my date for the day & we had the BEST time.

11 comments:

gracie said...

Love the new flowers and the pouches too.

Susie H said...

Love those new hexies and the pouches are cute too. Glad to see I'm not the only one that stumbles across fabric and gets determined to use it NOW! The yellow & orange one next to the big dots ... I may have some of that in my stash! Haha!

Fiona said...

Im sure the pouches will sell well, they are so useful.... Lovely boxes you picked up for a bargain... I don't think you can ever have too many...
HUgz

Ondrea said...

Love your hexis and those pouches will sell really quickly. Great buy there. We can never have enough project containers. Hope you are feeling well.

Susan said...

so busy - have you tried Best Press for those stubborn creases??? It's great. Expensive but worth it!

Cheryll said...

You appear to be keeping busy ;)... on great projects...xox

Michelle Ridgway said...

Pretty hexies and love your cute pouches....they won't hang about long lol! Great bargains too. What a lovely gift you got to enjoy x

kiwikid said...

Lovely flowers and pouches, I am sure they will sell really well. Great buy with the sewing boxes!! Fun night out with your daughter.

retdairyqueen said...

Love your zippered pouches
Your flower garden is growing
Just letting you know my birthday parcel arrived today Thankyou
I will open it on Wednesday

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea love your hexies and you did well sewing so many zipper bags they will be a good seller for your patchwork stall.How awesome that you got to go and see Aladdin with your daughter i bet the cosrumes were awesome,hope you have a wonderful week my friend xx

Kaylee said...

Pretty brown eyed flowers, cute zippered pouches, that would be great to sell them, good luck. WOW such a bargain on those sewing boxes, great find.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...