Monday 17 September 2018

'Rainbow Scrap Challenge'... I'm A Straggler!

Well this is a rarity for me... I believe I'm not usually one for posting on a Monday!
(or maybe my days all just blur, who knows?!)

 Even though my sewing for 'Rainbow Scrap Challenge' has been sporadic & I'm really behind the program, I'm going to hang in there with it because I do quite enjoy it when I finally get around to it.
 The colours for June (yes, I'm that far behind!) were teal & turquoise... which is a whole separate sort of challenge for someone who struggles to correctly identify those colours!
So I've pulled out my best rendition of the teals & turquoises... & because my knowledge is so dodgy, I may have added a few aquas in error.

The sewing of these granny blocks is easy & enjoyable, & it's fun to see the pile growing as colours are added each time.

My Colour Confusion Syndrome for the June task has resulted in me making double the number of Crosses & Losses blocks I'd normally make... I figured there's enough variation in the fabrics to make them all. These are great to make too, with attention being paid to sew the pieces in the right spot.

 I love the lattice-type print of this fabric

And these cute little fish too!

You all know that good old hexy's are never far from my hands... a few piles have been basted & readied for becoming brown-eyed flowers... I'm putting in a bit more of a push with this project, because once I've made all the flowers I need, it becomes something to continue on the sewing machine, thank god! I have too many hand-piecing & hand-stitching projects at the moment, it's actually annoying me😉

I hope you all have a fab week ahead & thanks for dropping by!

14 comments:

Susan said...

Anthea
you are so right - teal & turquoise & aqua - they all merge beautifully - I guess its how much green is in it.

bit like pinks merging to purle

but they will all look great anyway!

Pamela said...

I too struggle with teal and aqua. You've done a beautiful job with them!

gracie said...

Very pretty choices.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I think they are all beautiful and I am going with the challenge is to use the closest in my stash....yours are great xx

kiwikid said...

Beautiful blocks, the colours are great.

Jo said...

Mixing those tones together is fine. I would mix them too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea I think your colours look so pretty ,you are doing such lovely work my friend hope you have a wonderful week xx

Helen said...

Love love them great blocks !!!!

Jeanette said...

Love all you blocks. They are lovely. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

haha... your blocks are great... I think of it as those that are in between blue and green and I would say you nailed it....

Hugz

Kaylee said...

Love your Granny blocks, great for using up small scrap pieces.

Maria said...

All the blocks look great.

Karen's Korner said...

After seeing your lovely granny squares I have put them on the "to do one day list".

Unknown said...

Your blocks look awesome! I love the orange spotty fabric you are using for the hexies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...