Tuesday 10 September 2019

GUILTY AS CHARGED: Blog Neglect

After not posting here for months, it's actually a bit hard to know what to write!
Clearly, the intention to 'do a blog post tonight' or 'read blogs tomorrow' just got further down my priority list. There's only so much this gal can pack into a day LOL.

That said, following some recent email exchanges with a couple of blogging buddies, I realised just how removed I have become from blogland & the fabric-y thread-y online community... & perhaps that's been a contributing factor to my not doing so much sewing & stitching... if that makes sense.
While I have been doing a little sewing & stitching, there's been a lot more of everything else going on ahead of it.
We all want to do more than the daylight hours allow for, so I'm not going to get overly philosophical about it😉😉

I have a couple of things I'd like to share...
This is the current situation with the Scrappy Hexy Quilt... it's getting so big now... still a nice thing to plod along with because I have a lot of evenings on my own these days.

I recently joined in Mystery Scrap Buster-style workshop at my patchwork group.
A 'scrap buster'... don't we all need one of those?!
I am not at all someone confident with 'mystery' & my versions of 'random' or 'scrappy' turn out something akin to a fabric vomit... but I really wanted to join in, hoping it would be just the project to get me back into doing more sewing.
Happy to report that it has! Just getting out to my sewing room for a little while each day & doing a bit more, it's been fun to get back to some Pfaff-ing!
It can be a little hard to make out the pattern created by the print fabrics & background fabric... it took me a while. As more rows are done & sewn, it will be easier to see. It's 55inches wide.

I'd also like to share with you a quilt I made & gifted. This went to my cousin... the closest I have to a sister... she had an '0' birthday recently. When looking through my Overload for fabric ideas for it, I found this stunning layer cake from Kate Spain, a range called 'Voyage'; I knew it would be just right.
The pattern is the Moda Love freebie & such a great one for showing off fabulous prints like these.
Very pleased with how it turned out & my quilter Julie did her usual stunning work on it too.
Still find it hard to get good pics of big things!
 This measures about 78inches square.It was very hard to send this one away!

Spring is definitely here in my little part of WA... so nice to open some doors & windows for that lovely fresh breeze & the birds are amazing.

Thanks for dropping in to my blog today... AND thanks to my friends who kindly checked up on me & inspired me to venture out of my cocoon!


17 comments:

Kate said...

Anthea, just this morning I was thinking about you and wondering if you had moved to Instagram - I was so pleased to see you back here. It's funny how life just gets in the way sometimes. The quilt for your friend is beautiful!
Welcome back!

Pamela said...

Glad to see you back on the blog. I really like your hexagon project!

Susan said...

So glad to see you back...I was thinking about you the other day...but didnt think to do anything about it.

Your hexies are looking great!

Denice Barker said...

As I am plodding along with a yoyo I can appreciate the time you are putting into that hexie quilt. It's beautiful. And it's lovely to see you back in blogland. People are lining up to leave, I'm afraid, so it's good to see you back.

Helen said...

Lovely to see your post again I can relate to it. Love your hexie quilt I have a similar project tucked away somewhere on my to do list.x

Fiona said...

lovely to see your blog come up on my feed today.... I love how the hexi one is coming along... those pieces with white to give shape and rest for the eyes are just right. I am a bit like you with mystery quilts... yours looks great.. those colours are lovely. I love the big quilt and agree that sometimes a layer cake just needs to be left in the big squares to show off the lovely fabrics... your cousin would be delighted...
Hugz

retdairyqueen said...

For someone who isn't doing much stitching I think you have done very well
Your scrappy quilt is going to be lovely and the hexies look great
Nice to see you back I missed you

marina said...

lovely to see your post, I get what you mean about your not blogging. sometimes it can be hard to find time for everything. It's good to hear you are ok.
Love your hexies and your new scrapbuster and your cousin's quilt is beautiful.
hope you find your mojo to keep blogging.
x

Michelle Ridgway said...

Hello back Anthea! I love your your pretty hexie quilt...it's gorgeous! The mystery quilt looks great TOO. I am sure your cousin adores her special,quilt xx

Janice said...

Hi Anthea. It’s truly lovely to see you post pop up. Funnily, I was only looking at the Moda Love pattern yesterday. Your version is rather nice and I’m sure will be well received. I can’t believe how large your next quilt is now. So many hours of work. You must be so pleased with how it is looking.

kiwikid said...

Hi Anthea, lovely to see you back in blog land. Your hexies quilt is growing and looking amazing, as is your mystery scrappy. The quilt you made your cousin is stunning, it will be much loved.

Ondrea said...

Love your beautiful projects. The quilt is really crisp and fresh looking and your hexie quilt is coming along nicely. Wow, what a lot of work! Your scrap buster is a lovely pattern. Never seen that before. Enjoy your achievements.

Susie H said...

Welcome back, Anthea! What a couple of beautiful quilts you've got going. Thanks for sharing -- they're gorgeous! That hexie one is breathtaking! Glad you're feeling better!!!!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Anthea welcome back to blogging you have been missed,I always love seeing your beautiful work,you are very clever,well done xx

Raewyn said...

Great to see you here! I know how you mean about fitting it all in. The quilt you made for your cousin is beautiful - I'm sure she really loves it. Your hexie quilt is amazing!! And of course I love your play with the scraps - no vomit visible at all :-)

Jo said...

Good to be back here so we can follow on. I have added you to my blog side bar again. A few months back I lost everyone's contacts so you're back. I love the quilts you have made. Scrappy is the best. I enjoy following Bonnie Hunter. She has been my scrappy inspiration.

Lin said...

Goodness - your hexies have come on a pace! It is looking stunning. Your new scrappy project looks great too - the design stands out nicely from where I am looking and the quilt you made for your cousin is lovely too. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...