Tuesday 18 December 2012

Back On Deck...

Well it's felt like a very l-o-n-g week, not signing in to my blog and seeing what's going on in blogland... hopefully no more lightning storms any time soon!! I clearly have some replying to do, which will happen later tonight. Susan you were right, I did enjoy doing some sewing that I would otherwise not have done!

I prepared most of the hexagons for Happy Christmas Cushion... amazingly, I had order quite a few of the Nancy Halvorsen fabrics & then only days later saw the cushion pattern... needless to say I ordered it on the spot! I think hexy's are going to be my go-to craft for this Festive Season...
I have also finished the first of the big stitcheries for the Polka Dot Girls quilt... & I have such a long way to go, sigh... This stitchery is for the block called "My Friends". I loved seeing it come to life with the addition of shading, knots & satin stitch.
There won't be a whole lot of stitching or sewing going on here in the next week or so, but then, it is Christmas very soon.
Seems everyone could do with some 'help' at the moment, so I called my fairy for you... she can cook, clean, organise, shop... whatever you need... even give hubbies really great gift ideas, LOL!

20 comments:

Katherine said...

Love the hexies and that range of fabric is beautiful! I also love the stitchery panel and look forward to seeing some more done over the next 12 months too. Its going to be a stunning quilt when finished.

Jeanette said...

Love the hexies. The stitchery looks fabulous. Hugs,

Unknown said...

The cushion looks interesting! Sharyn:)

FleurBleue said...

See if you could get that fairy to ravel to France please.

She will be made very welcome!

Fiona x

marina said...

such pretty hexies!
Your new stitchery is so pretty.
Can't wait for the fairy to arrive...

Susan said...

Your Polka Dots Girls block is lovely, and those hexies will look great in that cushion - Love her fabrics.
PS PLEASE send the angel to my husband...

gracie said...

Looking forward to seeing the hexes come together. Love "My Friends"!

Maria said...

Nice to have you back Anthea.
Look forward to seeing the Christmas Hexie Cushion..
Always love thosr stitchery's..

Melody said...

Your Polka Dotgirls stitcheries is delightful.

Susan said...

Watch out for that hexie bug! Beautiful stitchery, so much detail.

Cheryll said...

I'll take two... fairies I mean! Have a wonderful break over Christmas. See you in 2013. :)

Fiona said...

such pretty hexies.. the cushion will be great and of course your stitchery is lovely.... they do take time but it is worth it...
thanks for the fairy... I need her...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely festive hexies. Thanks for the fairy I definitely need her!!!!!

Narelle said...

Your stitchery is just gorgeous, well done!
Sweet fabric for you hexies :)

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

what pretty hexies....the colors are so bright and vibrant. Love the Friends stitchery...before you know it your Polka Dot Girls quilt will be done! Thanks for the fairy....when does she start?? LOL

Simone Harding said...

Love the Christmas hexies.
Polka dot girls coming along nicely too

trishie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jindi's Cottage said...

Yay back on deck!...great fabrics/colours, how fabulous to find the perfect pattern...great work on the Polka Dot girls...

Hilachas said...

Oh, thanks so much for the fairy. i can definitely use her help. I can't wait to see what you're going to make with those Christmasy hexies and your embroidery is so pretty.

Terry said...

How fun to see the Polka Dot Girls again! That was the first stitchery quilt I ever made, and I just loved working on it! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...