Tuesday 28 January 2014

Some Helpful Blog Info...

Michelle at Rag Tag Stitching recently posted a Warning about some unsavoury content that was posted on a blog she Follows, but has been inactive... content that was not posted by the original 'owner' of the blog, but a 'hijacker'.

I thought I would share some helpful information with readers who may not know that you can actually choose to un-Follow a blog... for whatever reason that might be...
 (this is for those who Follow blogs via their Blogger Dashboard)

* Log in to your Blog & be on your Dashboard
* You will see a 'wheel' to the far right of your screen, straight across from the heading called 'Reading List'
* When you hover your mouse over that wheel, it shows the words 'Manage Your Reading List'
* Click on that wheel, & it will take you to a list of all the blogs you Follow... for each blog, it shows whether you are Following publicly or privately.
* When you click on 'Settings' on any particular blog in that list, you can then follow the prompts to stop Following a blog, or to Follow it anonymously... (Anonymous is good if you want to stalk someone's blog when you are secret swapping!)
* If you stop Following a blog, make sure you take it off your blog sidebar too - don't want any ghastly images showing up there!

HERE is a link to the Blogger Help, that illustrates these steps... just scroll part way down that page to see the info...

I Follow a number of blogs anonymously for various reasons... & I also un-Follow a blog if I know that the blogger no longer intends to update it, or if it's been deleted... good housekeeping!
 Tomorrow I hope to share some pics of a new project... something I've been wanting to make for a while... & I should have the computer back by then... woo hoo!

~*~*~Happy Wednesday Everyone~*~*~

9 comments:

Lin said...

Love your Reel Heart! Thanks for the info about following although I had finally been able to sus it for myself a week or so ago. But I did not realise I had to clear the sidebar as well. Thank you. xx

marina said...

sad that an abandoned blog can be hijacked.
I try to keep blogs I follow up to date.
Look forward to seeing your new project. it's always exciting to start something new!

marina said...

sad that an abandoned blog can be hijacked.
I try to keep blogs I follow up to date.
Look forward to seeing your new project. it's always exciting to start something new!

Christine M said...

Thanks for the information Anthea. A little while ago there was an old blog I used to follow start coming up on my blog list with ads for air conditioning (I think). I removed it from my blog list but now it's gone altogether.

Cheryll said...

Good post! :)

Julia said...

I too used to follow a blog that was deleted but still kept getting comments about al sorts of unrelated stuff.
Love the spool heart.
Julia ♥

Fiona said...

I did a bit of a clean up after Michelle wrote that... I wonder how long a blog is not used before it gets highjacked....
Hugz

Susan said...

Thanks for th window Anthea. Cute spool heart.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Thanks Anthea...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...