Saturday 22 February 2014

February FNSI & Playing Tooth Fairy...

Thank you so much Wendy for such a lovely evening of stitching...
And your Vanilla Custard Slice with its gooey icing was totally delicious... I'm still licking my lips!

 






I had planned to make the binding for my Postage Stamp Quilt, but all I could manage was a little bit more of my Jolly Santa stitchery...
Just the right occupation for sitting & having a look at the Winter Olympics!
 
Now I look forward to visiting the other FNSI ladies to see what they did for their Friday evening...




In the last few days I have been playing Tooth Fairy for one of my girls - she had her 4 wisdom teeth removed on Wed during day surgery - I knew there would be a lot of sitting around going on for me that day, so I took the Jolly Santa to work on (lest I end up in my own yawning stupor!)... My nights have since been a blur of ice packs & pain relief. She is recovering well & taking all the TLC given.

So the PSQ binding is now on the agenda for this evening... if I can keep my eyes open!
Pics of it next post, I promise...

18 comments:

Susan said...

Love the stitchery, a nice distraction from nursing duties. I feel for your daughter, it wasn't a pleasant experience for me either. Hope she's feeling better soon.

Jeanette said...

Your stitchery is looking great. Hope your daughter feels better soon. Hugs, xx.

marina said...

great progress on your stitchery.
good to hear your daughter is recovering well.
One of my boys is having his out in a few weeks. Something to look forward to?

Helen said...

The stitchery is looking great. Hope your daughter is feeling better and recovering well.

Anonymous said...

lovely stitching Anthea and i hope your girl is feeling much better now.xx

Kate said...

Love that Santa! Hope your daughter is feeling better.

Christine M said...

Your Santa is looking lovely Anthea. I hope your daughter will feel better soon.

Julia said...

OH I hope your daughter is feeling better by now.
All 4 wisdom teeth out,,,ouch!
lovely stitchery.
Julia ♥

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your stitchery. Your poor wee girl! I hope she is on the mend now xx

Anita said...

Hi Anthea,
Lovely stitchery and I feel for you Miss nurse!! My boys went in at the same time and between them had 13 teeth taken out, wisdom teeth and others. I remember being a nurse to two boys at the same time. Hope your girl gets well soon sweet.
Cheers, Anita.

Maria said...

love your Jolly Santa..
hope your DD is feeling better soon. She is lucky to have Mum there to nurse her

Wendy said...

Your Jolly Santa is so lovely. Getting wisdom teeth out isn't fun, hope your daughter is feeling better. xx

Kim said...

Santa is looking good. Hope your daughter is feeling better it is not fun having your wisdom teeth out.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I am new to your Blog.... You have a very pretty blog and very informative one as well...it is very inspirational to me.

Your Santa is looking good... I can't wait til I see your Quilt that you are making out of these.

Hope your daughter is feeling better....wisdom teeth are not fun at all...I still have one of my wisdom teeth yet.

I have a Blog and I would like for you to be a follower of my blog as well...here is the link to my blog:

http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

I am now a follower of your blog. I love reading your Blog.

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad

Fiona said...

Aaah ... Poor girl 4 at once but at least it is all done ... Love the Santa stitching ...
Hugz

FloS said...

What a lovely stitchery !!
Florence

rozhearts said...

Hi, I am new to your blog and agree a very pretty blog. I love your Postage Stamp quilt have wanted to do one with all the scraps I have but I am yet to get to it.
Your embroidery is beautiful . Is it for a Christmas quilt?
Hope your daughter is feeling better.
HUGS. Roz.

Michelle said...

Wonderful stitchery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...