Monday 29 February 2016

Quilt Progress & 'Word Photo Challenge' Week 4

Well this weeks word for the Word Photo Challenge was indeed a challenge... many ways to interpret it, many things a possibility... GRATITUDE...
On Friday, I had a massive wave of Gratitude... what for?!... this stuff:
new lawn!

Yep, haven't had a single blade of it since the middle of November when the demolition started for The Great Backyard Project... I'm really looking forward to when I can toss a rug on it & lie down to look up at the sky, I love doing that!!
The Word Photo Challenge is hosted by Sharyn at Alsha's Space... you can join in any time you like!

Now for the quilt progress... earlier in the month I shared some fab little red, blue & cream squares being worked on... there's been some great progress since then... this is such a fun project & I'm so close to having a finished top, woo hoo!

One more floral print border & some applique on that, and it's done-sy!
The pattern is from Me & My Red Boots, a design called 'Sunshine & Daisies'.
I'm amazed how much sewing I've been able to get done, even though I don't have an ideal sewing spot at the moment.

The Great Backyard Project is in it final stages at last... you've seen the new lawn... plants will go in hopefully later this week or sometime next week... then I'll be cracking the whip to get my room done out - flooring & paint is needed before I move in.
Although it's taken a lot longer than we anticipated, the quality of work all along has been outstanding & our tradies have been brilliant... much better than having problems in a few months when they won't want to come back to correct things!


It was very late February in 2012 that I started this blog... what a journey it's been... thanks to all my blogging friends, swap partners & readers for putting up with me!!

15 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Woohoo... 4 years... Congrats...
Love lawn...

KimM said...

Cute quilt...and congrats on celebrating four years of blogging.
Hugs

marina said...

Love my our sunshine and daisies, so pretty and cheery!
Great progress on the garden Reno, bet you'll be happy when it's all done

Kate said...

Anthea, I can relate to how exciting it is to have a lawn again - enjoy. Your quilt is gorgeous - I love it!! Congrats on your blogiversary!

Helen said...

Lovely quilt and colours. Wow congrats on 4 years blogging Anthea xx

Fiona said...

Nothing like a nice green lawn ... and I love your Sunshine and Daisies quilt top ... so pretty and happy and fresh
Hugz

SharynB said...

Yes, I can certainly understand your gratitude for that grass!!

Susan said...

Love the 'Sunshine & Daisies' she does lovely quilts.
really enjoy your blog and "Putting up with you"

Susan said...

Building jobs always take longer than expected but it's worth it if the work is done properly. Not long now. You will be very excited with your new room!

kiwikid said...

The great back yard project is coming along nicely!! I can understand gratitude for the green grass!!!! Love the quilt with the flowers and patches, great colours. Well done on four years of blogging!!

Maria said...

Congrats on your four years of blogging..

The lawn looks great and I bet you can't wait to move into you new sewing room..have you found a name for it yet??

Love that happy quilt...

Renee said...

Congratulations on 4 years of blogging! How exciting to have grass in the backyard. :) Your quilt is lovely.

Lin said...

Congrats on your blogaversary and your lovely new lawn!. The quilt is looking very pretty - good to see you enjoying this project. xx

Bev C said...

Hello Anthea,

Oh that lawn will cool down your yard. I'm a lawn layer too, love cloud watching and star gazing at night. Spent many a times with one of the kids talking about anything and everything whilst star gazing. Good luck with the finishing of your quilt, love the brightness of the fabrics.

Happy blogging.

Bev.

Christine M said...

Your quilt is so pretty Anthea. Happy 4th anniversary. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...