Very happy to report that I've got the centre 16 blocks all made & sewn together!
So very pleased with how good it looks♥
There is now 3 borders to add... white, then blue, then a final white.
Binding will be the same blue.
I'm a little worried about adding the borders, because the fabric is very soft & distorts easily... 'slowly & gently' will hopefully see it turn out well.
Also very happy to report that I've completed the final stitcheries for my Ruth's Quilt... woo hoo!
Being part of the SewAlong has been really great... very encouraging & motivating.
They've been a pleasure to stitch, that's for sure.
OMG The date has been stitched, there's no looking back now!
When I was
pressured encouraged to join in with this SAL last year, I declared that I'd only do it if I could draw all the needed fabrics from my Overload... meaning no buying of fabrics.
That task turned out much easier than I anticipated, & I even put a couple back, because I had a glut of choice. The only buying required was thread, my now-beloved DMC 4504.
Here's my selection:
The colours are not quite as bright as this pic suggests (it was taken in a bright room) & I'm quite confident that these will work well, after careful laying out & much overthinking about placement.
Backing & binding not yet on my mind.
I may not make much or any progress on either of these this week... I have a few busy days coming up... but a keen stitcher takes any opportunity when it presents itself😊