Monday 9 April 2018

Making Pretty Progress, Yay For Me

Very happy to report that I've got the centre 16 blocks all made & sewn together!
So very pleased with how good it looks♥
There is now 3 borders to add... white, then blue, then a final white.
Binding will be the same blue.
I'm a little worried about adding the borders, because the fabric is very soft & distorts easily... 'slowly & gently' will hopefully see it turn out well.
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*
Also very happy to report that I've completed the final stitcheries for my Ruth's Quilt... woo hoo!
Being part of the SewAlong has been really great... very encouraging & motivating.
They've been a pleasure to stitch, that's for sure.
 OMG The date has been stitched, there's no looking back now!

When I was pressured encouraged to join in with this SAL last year, I declared that I'd only do it if I could draw all the needed fabrics from my Overload... meaning no buying of fabrics.
That task turned out much easier than I anticipated, & I even put a couple back, because I had a glut of choice. The only buying required was thread, my now-beloved DMC 4504.
Here's my selection:
The colours are not quite as bright as this pic suggests (it was taken in a bright room) & I'm quite confident that these will work well, after careful laying out & much overthinking about placement.
Backing & binding not yet on my mind.

I may not make much or any progress on either of these this week... I have a few busy days coming up... but a keen stitcher takes any opportunity when it presents itself😊

19 comments:

marina said...

Fantastic blue and white top in progress!
Well done completing your stitcheries, great stash of fabrics......
Now to see them come together!
Can’t wait

Lin said...

Hi Anthea. I love your blue and white top - try using lots of starch on your fabrics for the border to make them easier to handle. The tags are looking great and your fabric selection very pretty. xx

Justine said...

Beautiful quilts in the making, the colours are just gorgeous. I can't wait to see how the one with the stitcheries comes together.

Jo said...

Nice colours in your fabrics.

Janice said...

Go you! The blue and white quilt is so effective. Have fun putting your next quilt together. I had a little play with Susan's version on the weekend. They look so good.

Helen said...

The quilt centre looks great....
Glad you enjoyed the SAL journey, I look forward to seeing it put together....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow you are like a machine ❤️❤️Awesome work ❤️❤️❤️

Susie H said...

You most certainly are a keen stitcher! Close to the end on 2 projects -- great job!

Pamela said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Very well done!

Kate said...

Anthea, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing combination of your stitcheries and the beautiful fabrics!

Chookyblue...... said...

Susan was working on her blocks joining up at the retreat....... They look great .....

Anonymous said...

beautiful work Anthea,your tags look fantastic xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your quilt is beautiful Anthea! Ruths blocks are lovely too. Good job on using your stash xx

Fiona said...

your blue and white quilt really is stunning and it has paid off being pedantic about your points and corners.... wonderful...

well done with all the stitcheries, and I love your fabric choices. Once they are cut I am sure you will find the sewing comes together nice and quick..

Hugz

sunny said...

What a beautiful blue quilt! And those pretty spring colors - ooh-la-la! Can's wait to see what they will become. You are always so productive, and make such beautiful things.

Brigitte said...

The blue and white top looks fantastic. And the fabrics that you pulled out look so very promising, so spring-y. Wonderful colours, and I'm very curious to see what you will be doing with them.

Nanette said...

I love that fabric in your blue and white quilt, I have it in a few colours. And the quilt is fabulous. Can't wait to see all your stitcheries together with those oh-so-pretty fabrics.

cocoya said...

Beautiful quilts in the making, the colours are just gorgeous. I can't wait to see how the one with the stitcheries comes together.
ไพ่ออนไลน์
Gclub

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Just love your blue and white quilt! And oh, that selection of fabric - gorgeous! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...