Monday 28 January 2019

Coming Out Of Hibernation

Hello Blogland... do you remember me? I hope so, because I've missed you.

It's been a very long, very slow, very lonely recovery from the severe back pain problems that started mid-Oct when I was on holiday... I had been confined to home for much of the time since then, but am finally starting to feel I need to re-join the world.
While a lot of progress has been made, I am not fully recovered, & despite having several tests & scans I don't even have an actual diagnosis for what is causing my symptoms... more investigating is being done... but I'm able to do most things again with moderation & modification. Sitting has been & still is a pain trigger.
Pain is a terrible thing to live with, & has messed with my head somewhat... but as the pain has decreased, so my head has lightened & my spirits returned.

I've really been missing my stitching, but have managed a couple of small things recently.
I even taught myself to do chain stitch! (Small things gladden a simple mind, hey?!)
I hope everyone had a wonderful & safe Festive Season... and that January has been kind.
January weather is always a mixed bag here in Australia... terrible dangerous heat in some Eastern areas, while my area here in the West has been blessed with mild temps & conditions.
By now most sewists will have set themselves some goals for the year... new groups, BOMs, SALs, etc to join in with. Can't wait to see the fruits of those activities!
No resolutions or signups for me; I will be happy to work on finishing a few projects & remembering to join in with FNSI & FNWF😉😉
There is a couple of projects I'm starting, which will be just the prompt I need to spark my enthusiasm into action... LET'S HOPE. And of course there's always small projects to do, too.

Thank you to my lovely friends who emailed to check up on me. My disconnection to all things social & cyber has been almost total in these months, & it was lovely to open my emails & know you were thinking of me.

28 comments:

barbara woods said...

Glad you are getting better

Pamela said...

Glad to see you are back!

Kate said...

So nice to see you here again. Take care.

Michelle Ridgway said...

How lovely to read your post Anthea. I am so sorry you have had such an awful time of it. I hope they get to the cause of your discomfort and pain. I am glad it has lessened for you. I look forward to your future posts. Take care and welcome back xx

Helen said...

So sorry you have been out of action but very glad to see you b.c. ack in blogland......I do hope you find the problem and continue to improve.

Fiona said...

welcome back Anthea, sorry to hear the pain has no proper resolution though.... it's worrying when you don't know the cause and can deal with it…. take care and hope you find some comfort in creativity....
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to see you back in blog land. Not so good to hear you are still in pain, hopefully that eases for you soon. Enjoy those projects you can manage. Have not enjoyed the heat here, but looking forward to the cool change and maybe rain on Thursday. xx

Helen said...

Wonderful to hear from you again, sorry to hear the pain got so bad and no real answers. Take care hope answers come your way very soon.xx

Jo said...

Good to see you are up to blog land again. Not so good you haven't got answers but hope there is some soon. Have fun with your little stitching goals. Just getting the needle threaded is a bonus.

Ondrea said...

Welcome back🙂 So good to know that your pain has eased a bit. Pain can be extremely wearing mentally and physically and pain relieving meds mess with us further. Angel healing hugs xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

So glad to see you back again! I've been somewhat absent too.. but hope to get back into a nice blogging routine again soon! xx

Janice said...

It’s so good to see you back in blogland. You’ve been missed. I’m sorry to hear that your back continues to give you grief. Here’s hoping they can at least find a reason and then a cure. Take things easy and I hope you get to enjoy your stitching some more.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Glad to see your post. When I first came down with sciatic issues it was almost the most debilitating pain I ever had so I can understand why you were AWOL in cyberland. Hope you are healed and hope also to see you posting again.
xx, Carol

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Anthea, I did check back a couple of times as I do love seeing what you are stitching. With no notice, I thought you were just taking a break. I am sorry to read that you have been afflicted with so much pain...living with such is a difficult road. But hopefully, you are getting to the other side and will continue to improve. Good wishes from me for recovery and happy stitching.

sunny said...

So happy to see you back. I've missed you! Pain is awful, and even a small pain can disrupt your whole life, and I know yours hasn't been a small pain. Take it easy, and ease back in gradually. And YAY on the chain stitch. I have always hated stem stitch because it looked so awful. Discovered just yesterday that I've been doing it wrong all these years. Happy New Year!!

Sharm said...

So sorry to hear of your back issues ..... to. Be honest, since starting work up here in mid September I've had little to no time to read many blogs and am only just catching up on things myself! In fact this morning I actually looked at my sidebar as I began to update it and saw EPP - I don't remember the last time I pulled out my hexies to work on them! As I was sitting reading your post you reminded me how important it is that I work on my core muscles - I know that has quite a bit to do with my particular back issues & just need to get to and do those exercises I keep putting off! Take care my friend - I'm off to work now

Jeanette said...

Good to see a post from you Andrea. Pain is an awful thing to have to live with & surely does mess with your head. :( Hope all is well otherwise. Hugs,xx

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely to see you back and hope and pray your pain will keep on easing xx

Susan said...

Glad to have you back Anthea.....take it slowly....all the best!

gracie said...

Hello! Great to read a post. Yes, pain can really play games with our mind...take it easy.

Narelle said...

So good to hear from you and may 2019 be a wonderful year xx

Susie H said...

Welcome back, Wendy! So very GOOD to hear from you again. I was so sad to hear of your pain. Let's hope every day brings a little more relief for you.

Yes, with the new year I've jumped on a few new QALs & SALs, including BLOOM with Cheryl (GoNe StItChInG). I look forward to hearing from you as soon as you are able. Take care and do not overdo!

Linda in Calif. said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better - and glad you able to do some small projects. Welcome back to Blogland. I'm happy you have returned.

Angie in SoCal said...

Like Jocelyn, thought you were taking a break on the blog. So sorry to hear of all the pain and problems with your back. I hope they find what it is soon so they can settle on a plan for your recovery.

Prayers being said, Anthea. Let us know how it goes.

Susan said...

Welcome back! I hope you will find time for hexagons again, and that they don't cause you any pain on any level. =)

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

So glad to read you are getting better. It will take time and I think it's great that you can join the FNWF or FNSI - it still means a little stitching. Hope 2019 sees much improvement for you :)

Nanette said...

Oh Anthea I'm sorry to hear of your months of isolation and pain, and it's lovely to "hear" your cheery voice again. I hope this year sees some answers to your pain and life improves greatly.....glad to hear you're getting back to some stitching. Being able to chain stitch is a greatly under-rated skill .:)

Lin said...

Missed this one too!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...