Thursday 28 February 2019

Well Press Me Flat & Call Me A Seam... I've Been Sewing!

Yes, my darling Pfaff must be wondering what the heck is going on, that I have actually switched her on & used her... well, that was after I remembered where I store the screw driver that secures the needle in place😃

Back in Aug/Sept of 2017, I joined in with the ladies who were making Ruth's Quilt, a lovely design from Leanne Beasley.
I finished all the embroideries in good time, but came to a problem with my chosen fabrics... some of them were just not right. Having finally had the chance to dig out some different fabrics, cutting & sewing has been able to commence.
'Scrappy' is definitely not my forte, but I think this might turn out ok.

A few years back when I made my 'Tis The Season' Christmas quilt, I traced up some extra stitcheries... they've been enjoyable to work on recently while keeping an eye on the cricket or an evening crime show. Not sure what I'll do with them... but whatever the result, they'll go in the Giftie Box. I'll stitch the remaining two, then make a decision.

In some happy-sad family news, my DD-C has officially left the nest... she's been working in her new job (1st professional position) since late last year... it took her a few months & much consideration to find a place to live and also someone to share it with. We helped her move on the 24th of Feb & they are settling in nicely to their cute little unit, which is about 50mins away.
So now we have just one baby still with us, mr18.
🎵Oh the times, they are a-changin' 🎵

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your fabrics. I've still got to cut my fabrics for Ruth's Quilt. Maybe in March. 😊😊. Hugs, xx

Fiona said...

Oh I do like the choice of fabrics for Ruths's quilt.... now you are on that part it will all go quite quickly. It really is a lovely quilt. Those Christmas stitcheries are lovely.... I should trace out a few of them too sometime... I seem to remember there were some quite nice ideas in the book.

Well done to DD on taking the next step... changes like that need lots of bravery on her side and on yours I think! I know you will miss her but also feel proud …
Hugz

kiwikid said...

So good to see you back and stitching! You have chosen lovely fabrics to go with the stitcheries, the Christmas blocks are lovely too. Good luck to your daughter....it's time .

Raewyn said...

Lovely to see you stitching and sewing. I'm looking forward to seeing your version of Ruth's quilt - I remember you were using some pretty thread. It's an interesting experience when your kids start moving out, isn't it - enjoying the change of pace but missing them terribly!

Maria said...

Good to be back sewing and working on Ruth's quilt and some cute stitcheries too.
Always a bit daunting making the decision to leave the nest.Pleased your DD is now settled.

Michelle Ridgway said...

So nice to see you back sewing Anthea and I love how Ruth's quilt is looking. Very cute stitcheries too. Big adjustments when our babies move out and upwards xxx

Pamela said...

Your fabrics look great together!

Ondrea said...

That quilt will look gorgeous when it is finished. I have several stitcheries completed for different quilts which still need piecing together because I couldn't decide what fabrics to use. Enjoy your new space.

Cheryll said...

And I bet it felt gOOd to be sewing at the machine again too... xox

Susie H said...

So good to hear that you are sewing again, Wendy! Love your fabrics and the embroideries will surely make some nice gifts.

Christine M said...

The fabrics you have chosen for your Ruth's Quilt are lovely Anthea. I think my machine felt the same as yours but it's had a bit of a work out over the last couple of weeks!

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Loving the fabric choices. Your stitching is beautiful. It's a big deal when one of your children leave but it so good to know that they can do that - they know where you are when they need you. Enjoy your times with mr18. :)

Susan said...

So glad to see you back in the sewing world.
Lovely fabrics for Ruth's quilt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...