Wednesday 3 April 2019

A 'Pick Up & Put Down' Project

Always great to have a project like this, don't you think?!

Being that I rarely take my sewing machine to my Fridays at Patchwork group, I do like to take something that's easy to pick up & take with me.
"A Friday Project", I call it.

This darling project has been on & off my radar for a long time... I had even bought background fabrics & traced out all the stitcheries.
I have loved it - then not loved it - many times over the years it's been in the tub, but in January I forced myself to make a decision about it once & for all.. start it soon, or sell it.
I started it & I'm so pleased I did!

Sweet Sentiments, by Natalie Bird (The Birdhouse designs)
 I love Natalie's books... they feature a selection of stitcheries, then a number of really great patterns for projects to make with them.
 Some of the designs are quite easy & relatively quick to finish... but others, like the topiary flowerpot below, take a bit more time & care.
 The thread colours are so pretty & Natalie creates some darling characters.
I have 3 more stitcheries to make, which will make up all 12 in the book... of course I'll be making the quilt, as seen on the book cover. Fabrics have been set aside for it, but I need to change one of them to be a better suit to the project.

My blogging may have been quiet, but my hands have not😉😉

14 comments:

Lin said...

Great to find you here this morning Anthea. What a beautiful project. Your stitcheries look gorgeous and they are going to make a lovely quilt. xx

Fiona said...

That is a lovely quilt... so glad to see you enjoying making it and it didn't get rid of! Beautiful stitching...
Hugz

Kate said...

These are beautiful stitcheries, Anthea.

Pamela said...

This is so cute! It will be an adorable quilt.

gracie said...

I do love this project. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful quilt. Love the stitcheries you've done. Hugs,xx

Maria said...

You have keep busy with the lovely stitcheries.. Bet you'er pleased you decided to finish them.

Ondrea said...

Those stitcheries all look so sweet and a pleasure to stitch in a selection of lovely colours. Well worth finishing to make a quilt. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Susan said...

That's a lovely project - always need something to do with your hands!!

Janice said...

I’m so pleased that you decided to work on the project, as it is gorgeous. The colours are so soft. I’m looking forward to seeing how you put it all together. Yes, some hand stitching is perfect for taking to stitching days. When I was part of a group here I got lots done, whereas ni seem to do none.

sunny said...

So nice to see you! What a lovely quilt. I'm making tough decisions on a few of my projects, too. Do I really want to make/finish them, or is it time to move on. It's a freeing feeling to move on from a couple of them! Enjoy your stitching, and I"ll be watching for the quilt.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Don't know how I missed this post...sorry! The stitcheries are so sweet. Natalie does such wonderful work. It is going to be a lovely quilt xx

Jindi's Cottage said...

I've haven't seen that booklet around the traps before...very sweet...your stitcheries are lovely...

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely stitcheries... .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...