Wednesday 13 June 2018

A Finished Kids Quilt

Pressing & cutting fabrics on Sunday... fully finished on Wednesday...
my quickest quilt ever!
Not bad, considering I've been the Queen of Slow Everything for a while😉
 The blue bugs print is not as bright as the images suggest.
As mentioned in my previous post, this quilt will be added to others sewn by members of my patchwork group, & donated to an organisation that makes wheelchairs for disabled kids in under-resourced countries. The quilts are a fun way to keep the kids warm in the cooler months.

*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*
 After publishing my last post, I thought I had lost all my readers, but NO...Blogger is still not sending Comments on my posts to my email... the Help Forum is clogged with angry users... what a muck-up! But as there are more important things to worry about, I shall soldier on with the roundabout way of getting them sent to my Inbox, & hope that Blogger remedies the situation soon.  Is anyone else still in this situation?
("Roundabout way" = comment on my own post, then tick the box for follow-up comments... this results in all Comments being no-reply, but as I've had previous communications with most Commenters, I just add their email address in order to reply)

Thanks for dropping by & have a fab Thursday♥

22 comments:

Anthea said...

.

Maria said...

Well done and a great cause to donate to..
I didn't realise that the the comments were all no reply this way...

Susie H said...

So satisfying to get a finished quilt ... and in record time! Great job and what a wonderful cause!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea beautiful finish,well done xx

Justine said...

Beautiful quilt for a worthy cause! I was hoping the Blogger issue would have been sorted out by now...

Jeanette said...

Love the quilt. So cute. Yes still having to do comments that way. I'm over it. Hugs,xx

Kaisievic said...

Yes, Anthea, I am still having that problem and getting around it the same way as you. Although I find that my Google mail just doesn't seem to remember people's email addresses very regularly, so I am always having to look them up. The whole thing is a pain in the Watoozie! Lovely quilt, though, for a great cause.

Pamela said...

Fantastic fast finish! Well done.

Fiona said...

lovely little quilt... it is quite satisfying doign a little one quickly isn't it... yes, that's what I do with the comments.... makes answering a bit slower but at least we can still keep in touch....
Hugz

Lin said...

Oh yes, we are all still having the same problem! Great quilt Anthea. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love the quilt....the lady bug fabric is so cute! Yes all this blogger stuff is a pain. You would think they would at least try and placate bloggers with the occasional update...but no zero! As you say better things to do xx

Ondrea said...

Lovely quick quilt there. My quick quilt has ended up bring not so quick lol.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilt, I am sure it will be loved.

Binsa said...

Love The colourway Anthea

sunny said...

That's a cute little quilt, and someone will be happy to snuggle with it! I think Blogger is going to lose a lot of people, but they don't seem to care. I know the problem did not start with them, but they will hopefully find a fix!

Helen said...

Great finish....its nice to do something quick and easy.

Sharm said...

Oh nice work! Go girl!!! Lol

Cheryll said...

Lovely work on the quilt Anthea... xox

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Anthea, what a wonderful quilt for kids. Awesome!

Susan said...

Love the quilt - what a great effort
yes still a pain with Blogger - I suspect we are stuck with it :-(

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Such a cute quilt, and a simple but effective design. It will be well loved!! I heard blogger has a fix now? xx

Janice said...

You were a Speedy Gonzalez on that quilt. Go you! I’m still using the same work around as you. Chookyblue has worked something out to make hers work but she couldn’t get it to work on mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...